Pages


Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday (10): Uprising by Jessica Therrien

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper

Uprising
(Children of the Gods, #2)
by Jessica Therrien
Releases |February 19th 2012 by ZOVA books|
Add to Goodreads

Elyse has done everything she can to protect her friends from The Council's reach. As long as they believe she's dead, she has time to rest and train for war. And war is inevitable.
When Kara arrives with the news that Anna and Chloe have been captured, Elyse is faced with the realization that no one is safe until The Council is stopped and Christoph is destroyed. She doesn't need a prophecy to tell her to lead an army. Christoph has done the one thing that ensures she'll fight to the death. He's threatened the people she loves.
It will take more than the words of an oracle to help them fight against the most powerful Descendant alive. To break The Council's oppression and rise up against a plot so many years in the making, Elyse will need to get dangerously close to her enemy. So close, in fact, she may not survive.

Why I'm Wishing...
I really enjoyed book one, Oppression and I can't wait to find out how the sequel will turn out. I love anything with Mythology, so I'm really excited to see how this series continues on.

Other Books In This Series


12 comments:

  1. I still need to read Oppression! The covers look wow! The story seems interesting too. I need more time!! :)

    Here is my WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to wait on a sequel, isn't it? And this sounds really good indeed! Thanks a lot for sharing, and happy reading. =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both of these on my TBR pile, can't wait to read them, they both sound great!

    Hope you get yours soon ;)

    My WW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Sounds really interesting :) I also like your cover!

    Thanks for coming by my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard about this series but Oppression sounds amazing!
    Great pick :)
    Thanks for checking out My WW
    Samantha @ The Secret Life of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... I have Oppression on my wishlist it feels century now.

    The cover of Uprising is so simple yet so pretty ^_^

    XX Ner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this series before but Oppression is definitely going on my wishlist! Thank you for sharing :)
    Also, I love your blog header! So pretty :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Oppression and have met the author but haven't read it yet. Now book 2 is out? I really need to read it soon. Thanks for the reminder :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I had to skip the summary of this book seeing as I have the first one waiting to be read on my kindle! Oppression looks so good and I should really get around to reading it! I love mythology so this series looks great. I hope you get to read it soon :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/wishlist-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohhh nice pick! I still need to read Oppression! I bought it right when it came out because of all the wonderful reviews but still haven't had a chance to read it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pick!! My sister, Juhina, didn't enjoy the first book that much, but im glad you did! and i LOVE the cover for UPRISING! SO beautiful!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read this series too :3

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday post.
    Lauren from Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete