Pages


Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (53): The Impossible Knife of Memory


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper

The Impossible Knife of Memory
by Laurie Halse Anderson
Released |January 7th 2014 by Viking Juvenile|
Add to Goodreads
For the past five years, Hayley Kincaid and her father, Andy, have been on the road, never staying long in one place as he struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. Now they are back in the town where he grew up so Hayley can attend school. Perhaps, for the first time, Hayley can have a normal life, put aside her own painful memories, even have a relationship with Finn, the hot guy who obviously likes her but is hiding secrets of his own.
Will being back home help Andy’s PTSD, or will his terrible memories drag him to the edge of hell, and drugs push him over? The Impossible Knife of Memory is Laurie Halse Anderson at her finest: compelling, surprising, and impossible to put down.

Why I'm Wishing...
I've read Speak by the author and thought it was good and I've been curious to try out more of her work. So this one caught my eye.

24 comments:

  1. Oh I cannot believe this book is coming out soon. I mean last time I checked it seemed like ages! :) I loved Twisted by this author and I cannot wait to read this one. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, I really want to read this as I've loved all her other books and hopefully this one will be just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! Sounds like a good one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this one sounds really intense and heart-wrenching! Excellent WoW pick! Thanks for visiting my WoW post earlier!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loved Speak! This deff sounds like a good one. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good looking book! I need to check this book out soon.
    I hope you get it fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start with these. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about this book, so thank you. I love Twisted and Speak.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-66-pointe-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't get into Speak when I gave it a try ages and ages ago but this one looks so intense I'm going to have to give it a try. Thanks for stopping by my WoW post today Janina!


    - my link text

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really do want to read this one! I've only read Speak and Wintergirls by this author, but LOVED them both. She writes some amazing contemporary novels.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like it will be an intense read! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's My WoW


    Debbie @ Keep Calm & Read Romance

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a haunting, intense cover and title. one of these days i need to read a novel by LHA because she's a classic YA author.

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not heard of this one. This one sounds very intense, but I might give this one a chance.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow. This sounds really good and heartbreaking at the same time. One of my dear friends suffers from PTSD after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, so this is really intriguing to me. Thanks for sharing Janina!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Wintergirls and this is one that I would to like to read as well. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HOLY COW LAURIE HALSE ANDERSON IS RELEASING A NEW BOOK?!! How did I NOT know about this? omg omg this sounds amazzing! I LOVED Wintergirls, and Speak was great too! I think this author is a genius! Thanks so much for putting this on my radar!!! Sounds amazing!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! I definitely haven't heard of this before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks interesting :D I hadn't heard of it before.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard great things about this author but haven't read any of her books. I heard they pack quite an emotional punch and this one sounds the same. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't read Speak but I keep meaning to pick it up.
    This sounds like it's going to be an intriguing and emotional read. I think I'll have to add it to my TBR because I want to know what's going to happen now.
    Great pick! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never heard of this one o.O You always have such interesting WoW choices :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've read her novel Wintergirls and thought it was incredibly well-written and painful to read. I'll definitely consider whatever else she writes because she tackles tough issues in a very realistic and relatable way.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete