Pages


Monday, April 9, 2012

Musing Monday (4/9/12)

What do you think are the top 5 books every woman should read? (And for the men who might be playing today: What do you think are the top 5 books every man should read?)
Hosted by: Should Be Reading


I do have 5 books that I think women should read. They have messages in them that not just women should keep in mind but everyone. It might not be the obvious, but maybe the emotions the characters are going through etc.I am not going to go in dept about each books, but I will list them and tell you what I think should be focused on. I am not going to give spoilers!


Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - This book was just amazing and I think this is a book that everyone should read. This book had some tough issues that happened in it, but it was so emotional and written so well and really think it should be read!

You Against Me by Jenny Downham - Each character in this book were going through struggles. If you look at the struggles that went on in this book, you may relate to at least one of the characters or know of someone who may be going through it. It whole situation was very sad to read about, but it could happen to anyone.

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - This book had a lot of morals in it that I think really should be followed. Don't just look at how the characters acted or their personality, but look at the growth and what was learned and the underlying messages in the book and I think you would really understand. This was an amazing book.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - An emotional journey this book put me through. It opened my eyes to so many things. Morals. You just never know what a person may be going through or what one little statement, comment, or action can do to a person. Just keep that in mind.

If I Stay by Gale Forman - Tears. This book had me in tears! I really recommend this book. I don't know if its a book that 'all women should read' but it was amazing. I swear! A must read. The water works were on throughout the book.

7 comments:

  1. AHH!! I LOVED 13 Reasons Why! VERY Awesome book. Actually, all the ones on your list that I've read are. haha. Good choices!

    here's mine: http://shaynagier.com/musing-monday-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I read 13 Reasons Why - i enjoy your reason as to WHY woman should read it because you make a great point!

    Trish - My MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a nice must-read pick. I'll have to look into the others they look pretty good :)

    Heres my IMM you can see what I've got for my must-reads!

    http://paranormalfantasyaddict.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/musing-mondays-9th-april-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. my answer took a different, ok, slightly adversarial, direction...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE your suggestions! I am definitely adding these to my TBR list - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays-to-z-challenge-h-heroes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice choices :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of the books you mention are in my queue! I've got to get going on them.

    ReplyDelete