Pages


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

Love Mine  
(Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
by J.R. Ward
Released |April 27th 2010 by NAL|
Edition |Mass Market Paperback, 653 pages|
In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. Long divided as a terrifying battleground for the vampires and their enemies, the city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

John Matthew has come a long way since he was found living among humans, his vampire nature unknown to himself and to those around him. After he was taken in by the Brotherhood, no one could guess what his true history was- or his true identity. Indeed, the fallen Brother Darius has returned, but with a different face and a very different destiny. As a vicious personal vendetta takes John into the heart of the war, he will need to call up on both who he is now and who he once was in order to face off against evil incarnate.

Xhex, a sympath assassin, has long steeled herself against the attraction between her and John Matthew. Having already lost one lover to madness, she will not allow the male of worth to fall prey to the darkness of her twisted life. When fate intervenes, however, the two discover that love, like destiny, is inevitable between soul mates.

My Thoughts 
John's character has always attracted me. It was something different about him and it had nothing to do with him being a mute. His character intrigued me from the start of the series, when he was first introduced in book two in the BDB series. And Xhex is bad ass!!!

What I like most about John is that he is a true sweetheart. The issue with Xhex in the beginning, where it continues on from book 7 was so emotional. Seeing John's emotions and what he was going through was torture for me since I love him so much. But don't get me wrong, John is tough. He's a fighter and protects those around him. The whole issue with Xhex being kidnapped, set him off. He is determined to find her, no matter what it takes. Aaaannnnnddd Xhex is the shit, hands down! No need to say more!

The relationship between John and Xhex was something I was really looking forward to. When John first took an interest in Xhex, she was completely different than he. She was a muscular female who didn't need anyone to take care of her. She could handle her own, while John was still a scrawny little pretran. So I really wanted to see how that went. But then he hit the transition...Hot stuff! But their romance was there and I really enjoyed it and I thought John was just the sweetest thing.

Qhuinn and Blay and there sexual tension are really starting to piss me off! I don't really care for Saxton and I'm going to leave it at that lol Yes, I'm team Qhuinn and Blay!!! :D And Rehv was definitely not in this book enough considering how close him and Xhex are! Highly disappointed because I love me some Rehv! He's hilarious :) Tohr, I love you!  Vishous and Payne! I loved it :) The reveal!!! You guys will just have to read it to see what I'm talking about. I want to see how Vishous react to Manny in the next book! *hint hint* And my poor Wrath :(  Aaannnnnddd that what you get Lash!

Overall, amazing! The action, the drama, the romance, and the annoyance with Qhuinn and Blay was all there! lol AMAZING! Another fave in the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment