Pages


Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday (13): Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper

Some Quiet Place
by Kelsey Sutton
Releases |July 8th 2013 by Flux|
Add to Goodreads
Elizabeth Caldwell has perfected the art of pretending to feel emotion, but it’s always a lie. After a near-fatal car accident when she was a small child, Elizabeth lost the ability to feel any emotion, but along with that loss she gained bizarre abilities: she can see the personified Emotions she cannot feel. Fury, Resentment, Longing—they’ve all given up on her, because she doesn't succumb to their touch. All, that is, save one. Fear. He’s consumed by the mystery of Elizabeth’s past, consumed by her.
And then there are Elizabeth's cryptic, recurring dreams, in which there’s always love, and there’s always death. Haunted by these dreams, Elizabeth paints them, knowing that they somehow hold the key to the mystery of her past.
But a shadowy menace is stalking Elizabeth. Her survival depends on uncovering the truth about herself. And when it matters most, she won’t be able to rely on Fear to save her.


Why I'm Wishing...
I love the girls dress :) That is very creative, but at first glance I was like, 'OMG where are her arms!' lol :) The synopsis sounds really interesting and I am curious to see what this book is about. It's pretty different than what I'm use to reading.

10 comments:

  1. Whoa, the cover is creepy! D= But wow, the story looks very interesting. Gonna add this to my TBR list.
    Thank you for visiting my WW! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or this cover is scary. I've seen this book before but I'll maybe read it after I see reactions :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cover! Sounds like a great read, I have to add it myself :D

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds just as bizarre as the cover looks - I love it. Thanks for spotlighting this, it is definitively tbr material, so I'm gonna scribbel that one down as well. July! Urgs! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the premise of this one. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have to emotion. I have to add this one to my already teetering TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! And I agree, that's a terrific cover!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll say it's different! Wow. I don't know about the cover though, looks a little too freakish for me. I should look into it, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds good. The cover is kind of creepy haha. I would have to read it during the day time!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2012/12/wishlist-wednesday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like the sound of this one :)

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete