Pages


Thursday, June 20, 2013

Goddess by Josephine Angelini

Goddess
(Starcrossed, #3)
by Josephine Angelini
Released |May 28th 2013 by HarperTeen|
Edition |eBook|

Add to Goodreads

After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.
To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.
In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.


I'm so sad to see this series go! I've loved it from the start and end was just as awesome. I was glad to be united with these characters for the last time and can't wait to see what Josephine Angelini has in store next. SO many thing happened in this installment and there were so many things that need to be wrapped up. I felt the author did a great job with that. I really didn't have any unanswered questions which is how I love a series to end.


When I first started the book, for some reason I couldn't really get into the story. I honestly don't know why. It wasn't that I wasn't liking the book, I think it might have been because I wasn't in the mood for the story at the time. I was only reading like a chapter at a time which felt awful to me. But once I got about a quarter of the way through the story, I finished the book in one sitting!

Okay, the characters! Lucas :D *happy dance* I adore him. He's just so sweet and awesome! And Helen was pretty bad ass as well in this installment. She really surprised me. She was ready to take on those measly gods and tell where to shove their cockiness. At times Helen was a bit annoying, especially in the beginning, but I started to warm back up to her as the book progress. The girl had so much on her shoulders with everything that was going. I didn't know how she was handling it all. The love triangle between Lucas, Helen, and Orion has always been annoying to me because it was sprung up on us. I have no problems with Orion.I think he's an awesome, strong and brave character and I really like him, but I wasn't found of the triangle.

There was so much action in this installment, I was giddy with excitement. Me being an action girl, I was glued to the story :) The romance was pretty good as well, besides the triangle. But I liked how the book wasn't entirely focused on it in this installment. I thought this was a great ending to the trilogy and am really sad to see it go!




10 comments:

  1. That happens with me too! I just can't get into a book, but then end up finishing a major portion in one sitting. Boy! This series has been getting a lot of positive reviews and everyone seems satisfied with the way it ended. i'm you are happy with it too. Good to know you enjoyed the book and Lucas. :P Awesome review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's well-known to me too. It's annoying at the start but then you want to hug the book and never let it go. I have heard a lot about this series but still haven't read it. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered about this series. seems like you really enjoyed it. I might have to add them to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read the first two books in this series and I really liked them. I haven't gotten this book yet, but i'm glad to hear it was good! :)

    ~Sydney@Pika Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the first one thoroughly and it was pretty darn good. I LOVE the covers in this series LOL. Anyhow, I'm glad to see you enjoyed the characters and got through the book in one sitting since I read the first one about two weeks. Once I put it down, I couldn't pick it up for some reason.. Hmh. I can't wait to continue this series though:) Lovely review, Janina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to hear it was a well wrapped up story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I REALLY need to read this series!!! If the covers themselves aren't enough to make me want to read them (and trust me, they totally are!) then all of these awesome reviews must be! I've heard nothing but great things. Glad you enjoyed it. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you liked this one! I am starting this series in the summer and although I have heard nothing but amazing things about them, I was still hesitant for some reason. Now, I cannot wait to see how it all goes down, especially since it was well wrapped up! I can't wait to meet the characters! :D

    Awesome review, Janina! ;p

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice!! I love books that are action packed!! This sounds like an amazing series! Great review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite book of the trilogy is still Starcrossed, but Goddess was better than book 2 for me and still a great read, it rescued me from a reading funk!

    ReplyDelete