Pages


Monday, October 28, 2013

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Traitor
(The Iron Fey, Call of the Forgotten, #2)
by Julie Kagawa
Released |October 29th 2013 by Harlequin Teen|
Edition |eARC|
Source |Netgalley|

Add to Goodreads
In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice.
After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again.
But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.

You know what?! It's endings like this that drive me insane. It makes a person want to go crazy! As usual, I am dying to get my hands on the next installment. What am I suppose to do until then. Once the chick opened her mouth, I KNEW what was going to happen, but it was still like, NOOOOOOO! The torture of having to wait for the next book is real. What am I going to do until then?! Guru's words played through my head over and over again once I read that final page. If you have not read any of these awesome fairy books by Julie Kagawa, you should definitely give them a try :) And if you have read these books, you must read the sequel! OMG.


Enough about that ending, let's get to the characters. To start off, me and Kenzie sort of have a love/hate relationship. I like her, but she's just so persistent. I want to blame her, I really do, but I can't. I love her bravery and her strong will to fight and survive. It's so admirable. We have Ethan who I really like as well. He reminds me of Meghan. Which can be a good and bad things, but he's just so boyish :) Freaking Kierran! (You guys should have heard the dramatic, whinny, sarcastic way I just said his name out loud lol)* I still have hopes for you you desperate S.O.B!

It was nice seeing Puck and Grimalkin(sp?)I love those two, but I like seeing them even if it is for a brief time :) The joy they bring. And ASH :) We can't forget the amazing ASH! This book was action packed and was a fantastic sequel with a horrific cliff hanger. But it is a must read. I can't wait to check out the next installment!

8 comments:

  1. I really resent cliffhangers, I just don't understand why authors do that?! Especially in a well-established series like this one. We'll read the next one anyway¨!
    In this case, I think I'll wait for the next one to come out.
    Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Cliffhangers will be the death of me, but I always have issues with reading a book until the series completes or waiting for the next book.

      Delete
  2. LOL I totally know how you feel. These endings kill you a bit but you cannot but love the story and want more. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. Great review Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoyed it but am right with you on the ending

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that she came out with another installment. This makes me extremely excited, yet I'm now dreading to read it.

    ReplyDelete