Pages


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (37): Wicked


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Wicked
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Releases |December 8th 2014|
Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.
Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.
Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.
But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.
Why I'm Waiting...
Now of course, I read almost everything JLA, but I've not really read any of her New Adult books besides one I think. I am curious about this one and hope that it's good. 

16 comments:

  1. Eep! Excited for this one too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard about this one yesterday. I hope you get a chance to read it soon. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing this one around a lot lately. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this one too. I truly hope it'll be as good as her other series. Great pick, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with ya on this one!! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Armentrout book. I wonder where she gets all her ideas from, and how she manages to write them all down to her satisfaction this fast. Gotta admire her for that.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I didn't know JLA was going to release another book this December!! I'm telling you, that woman is a crazy amazing author and it's so great that she writes so fast :D Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited for this one too. looks good and hope that you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ME TOOOOO! Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh I had no idea JLA had a new book coming out and I like the way this one sounds... but given my general experience with JLA I am probably going to wait for the reviews to come in before adding this one to my list.

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wicked has such a gorgeous cover and it sounds interesting too!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover, cannot wait for this one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read anything by this author, but the cover is very eye-catching. It must be hard to look so calm and peaceful posing with another person underwater! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup im pretty anxouis about this one and its also on my -must reads in December- list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gambar xxx This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Nice one artis

    ReplyDelete