Pages


Monday, February 6, 2012

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Title: The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)
Author: Aimee Carter
Release Date: April 19th 2011 by Harlequin
Edition: Paperback, 298 pages

Synopsis:
It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.

My Thoughts:
Kate's mom is dying and her last wish is to move back to her childhood home. Kate is going to start a new school with no family or friend and afraid her mom won't live past the fall. And then comes Henry, dark and mesmerizing, who claims he's Hades and wants her to accept his bargain. And Kate accepts Henry's bargain, he'll keep her mom alive while Kate tries to past the seven tests. Kate think Henry is insane until he brings a girl back to life. And now saving her mother seems possible, but if she succeeds, she'll have to become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

This book was amazing! It was a fast paced, quick read for me. The book isn't that long, only 298 pages, which is nothing compared to what I usually read. And a plus is that it is Greek Mythology. I love Greek Mythology. So to find a book with it and love it, two thumbs up.

I loved the storyline to this book. It stuck with it and it was written out amazingly. The characters were wonderful and enjoyable, which really reeled me in from the beginning.

This book starts off with the fact that Kate's mom is dying from cancer, I believe. Which is really sad to me, because that is a tough thing for someone to go through, especially when that someone is only in high school. But anyways, Kate is already dealing with struggle, and when Henry first pops up in the picture when Kate and her mom are heading to her childhood home, I knew he would have a big role in this book even if you hadn't read the synopsis. When Kate meets Ava and James, that's when things really start happening.

I really like Kate's character. I feel she was strong and loyal to everyone she came to know. Ava, I liked her, but she could have her moments when she got on my nerves. James confused me, in the beginning and in the end of the book. Still don't know what's going on there.
And then there's Henry. I really liked him! He plays a big role in the book and I think his character was amazing. You could see his pain, but even with the pain he's trying to move forward. And Henry and Kate's relationship was absolutely adorable! I wanted to just pinch both their cheeks, I swear! Lol

There were lots of elements that went on in this book. The seven tests, for instance. How are you going to have seven test but not know the tests are being administered or when they are. You don't find out what the test's were partly to the end.

I liked when you find out who all is on the council and Kate's reaction was great. She actually took it pretty well to me! Oh, and don't look in the back of the book, where there is a page with what people are what gods. Yeah, I kind of ruined it for myself!

And the ending when you find out who the killer is...SHOCKED ME! I wouldn't have guessed. I mean, you know from the beginning some is going to try and kill Kate but it's a mystery. But I was not expecting that one.

Overall, amazing! A definite page turner. Great romance and drama. This book isn't filled with too much mythology but if you like mythology, I think you give this book a try. And this if this book interests you, give it a try also!

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds awesome! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds amazing! I'm going to have to read it now. I've always loved mythology and this sounds like the perfect thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to decide if I should read this series. I would say that your review has helped me decide that I should!

    ReplyDelete