Pages


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

Title: Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
Author: J.R. Ward
Release Date: March 7th 2006 by Signet
Edition: Mass Market Paperback, 441 pages

Synopsis:
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war raging between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret bound of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed by a deadly beast Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this dark side, Rhage fears the time when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.

Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant to Rhage's protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage's intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves...

My Thoughts:
This is the second installment in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and I highly enjoyed it!
This book had so many emotions running through it, and so much struggle in than the first book. You have Rhage, who has to deal with his inner beast. And then there is Mary with her struggle with fighting Leukemia. It's a really tough thing. And together they have to figure out how to deal with both issues.

I really loved this book! Rhage is hilarious, and a sweetheart. I like him a lot. He was tough and dangerous, but had all the love in the world for Mary. I loved Rhage's character and the growth that he goes through. He went through a major growth in this book! Mary, I like her from the very beginning. She was a strong character, and with her fighting the disease and being introduced to a world she knew nothing about was a double hitter.

Mary and Rhage's romance was so heartfelt. I adored it so. The love they felt for each other was amazing and adorable and sad, all the same. And the book was action packed! So much action in one book! It definitely kept the pages turning, wanting to know what happened next. And the beast! Weird. Lol But it gave an interesting twist to the storyline!

I love how you see more of Zsadist in this book ;) It's like a hint to the next book, considering his story is the third installment. You see a different side to him.
Also, in this book we are introduce to a new character, John Matthews. Can't wait to see how his character comes about!

Overall, this book was amazing! I highly recommend this series. And this story was so...I can't even describe it! Just amazing!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog via Some Like It Paranormal. I LOVE the BDB! My favorite book so far is Z's story and I can hardly wait for the next book to come out. I'm thinking I MUST pre-order it! Great review and I'm a new follower :)

    Not Your Momma's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review/ yes i should start soon w/ these

    ReplyDelete