Pages


Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (29): Phoenix by Elizabeth Richards


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper
Phoenix
(Black City, #2)
by Elizabeth Richards
Released |June 4th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile|
Add to Goodreads

Weeks after his crucifixion and rebirth as Phoenix, Ash Fisher believes his troubles are far behind him. He and Natalie are engaged and life seems good. But his happiness is short-lived when he receives a threatening visit from Purian Rose, who gives Ash an ultimatum: vote in favor of Rose’s Law permanently relegating Darklings to the wrong side of the wall or Natalie will be killed.
The decision seems obvious to Ash; he must save Natalie. But when Ash learns about The Tenth, a new and deadly concentration camp where the Darklings would be sent, the choice doesn’t seem so simple. Unable to ignore his conscience, Ash votes against Rose’s Law, signing Natalie’s death warrant and putting a troubled nation back into the throes of bloody battle.
Why I'm Wishing...
I surprisingly enjoyed Black City a couple of weeks ago. And I'm now waiting to dive into Phoenix. I'm actually kind of cheating with this one since I have an ARC of it. But I'm trying to wait until its a little closer to the release date to read it :) And I'm loving these covers!!

Other Books in this series

15 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I like that cover! It sounds pretty good too. Here's what's on my wishlist:

    http://thatgirlreads.blogspot.com/2013/03/wishlist-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Black City but haven't seen it anywhere :( One day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those covers are awesome, I agree. Haven't read Black City yet, but heard alot about it and will hopefully come around to it before book three gets released. :P
    Thanks for stepping by and sharing. Happy easter reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the books but they seem pretty great, I hope I gt to them soon.

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy and I still haven't read Black City. It's been on my to read list forever. Huh I hope I'll get some time to read it. Also I hope you'll enjoy the sequel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start this series. thanks for sharing.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been seeing Black City around and it looks really good. Those covers are both really cool. I hope you get it soon!

    My WW: http://thebooksphere.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/wishlisht-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Black City yet. I like the covers for both! I have it on my TBR list I just haven't got to it yet. I hope you enjoy your ARC!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/wishlist-wednesday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the first book, but I've heard good things, so enjoy!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still got Black City on my shelf untouched so I need to fix that first ;) Great pick! :) And thanks for stopping by my WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. These books have such pretty covers 0___0, but I don't know for some reason every time I see this series in the store I am like...nah lol. But now I might try it! -Phil@stackofhardbacks

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, can I say how much I love your blog header! So adorable and pretty, with a touch of the amazing TFiOS. <3

    Okay back to the WOW, I'm really excited for this one too! I just got an ARC last week but am also waiting til a little closer! So excited though! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still need to read Black City!!! I've had it since it came out but just haven't found the time yet as usual. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have been seeing this pretty cover around. Hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really loved Black City! That's so cool you have an ARC of Phoenix. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete