Pages


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

Title: The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
Author: James Patterson
Release Date: May 1st 2006 by Warner
Edition: Paperback

Synopsis:
In James Patterson's blockbuster series, fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride, better known as Max, knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and all the members of the "flock"--Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel--are just like ordinary kids--only they have wings and can fly. It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time...like when Angel, the youngest member of the flock, is kidnapped and taken back to the "School" where she and the others were experimented on by a crew of wack jobs. Her friends brave a journey to blazing hot Death Valley, CA, to save Angel, but soon enough, they find themselves in yet another nightmare--this one involving fighting off the half-human, half-wolf "Erasers" in New York City. Whether in the treetops of Central Park or in the bowels of the Manhattan subway system, Max and her adopted family take the ride of their lives. Along the way Max discovers from her old friend and father-figure Jeb--now her betrayed and greatest enemy--that her purpose is save the world--but can she?

My Thoughts:
This book is about six kids: Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazman, and Angel who are are part of a scientific experiment that made the 98% human and 2% bird. When six year old Angel gets kidnapped by the "Erasers", Max and the gang have to go on an adventure to get her back. Along the way, they start learning about who they were before the experiments and that Jeb, their once father figure, was alive and has betrayed them.

This book was so fun. It filled with action packed adventures, page after page. It was definitely a page turner. I always wanted to know what happened next, who was going to come up with what, and when they would have to run for lives....Again!

I loved every single character. Each character brought their own elements to the book that made it so enjoyable. Max and Fang are my fave. You was the leader didn't want you to see her sensitive side, but that what made me like her so much. When you see her sensitive side it makes you think that, Oh yeah, she is only 14 years old. Fang is Mr. Dark and Mysterious, who never shows his emotions. So it was too cute when Fang and Max kissed when Fang got hurt. Everyone was in a state of shock, including Max and Fang. Iggy, Nudge and Gazmen are hilarious to me and Angel, I like her but something is kind of off there.

Ari, I seriously didn't like you one bit. Jeb, how could you! But they brought out some of the best action in this book.

The storyline was great. I loved where it went and how it develop. I was left satisfied. What threw me off in the beginning where the chapters. All the chapters are like 3 or 4 pages each. It threw me off  a little bit. But I got use to it.

Overall this book was great. It was a fun and a quick read. I recommend this to anyone who loves a good action pact adventure throughout the entire book and just love a good light read.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds really cool! I've always wanted to know how this book is so I might check it out soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of the Maximum Ride series but didn't really pay much attention to it, but your review has me reconsidering. I like the sound of the plot and the characters sound very interesting. I'll have to check it out. Great review! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete