Pages


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Title: Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)
Author: Aimee Carter
Release Date: March 27th 2012 by HarlequinTeen
Edition: Paperback, 304 pages
Source: NetGalley, E-ARC

Synopsis:
Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

My Thoughts: 
Okay, I'm not going to give a summary because it's kind of a spoiler to the first book.
But I rate this book 3.5 Stars. I really loved the first book and gave it 5 Stars. So I was kind of disappointed with this one. I liked the book, but there was somethings about the book that I didn't like. I liked where the plot went, but somethings weren't what I wanted.

The Pro's
-Henry was still Henry and I really liked that about him! He had some set backs, but he redeemed himself in my eyes :D I really like Henry! He is sweet, but he can be so self-conscious. I don't know if that's the word I'm racking my brain for, but I kind of like when he second guesses himself. And I love how he wants to protect Kate.
-Ava and James and the shocking revolution! I was laughing so hard when that came out in the open. I was not expecting that at all! And then Persephone, OMG it was just too much. Then Kate's, reaction...Priceless :D
-I also, liked Kate's developing powers! I love anything supernatural/paranormal.
-Ingrid. She was a surprising character and I loved when she appeared in the book and gave her insight.
-Calliope, she still an awful character, but she plays the villian well.
-The book had tons of action, that kept that part of me satisfied. I love some good drama and action packed fights.

The Con's
-I still like Kate, but boy was she emotional in this book! I swear she cried like 5 times a chapter! Whew, that's a lot. But, I still liked her and she was still brave and she still has a kind heart which I love about her most.
-There wasn't a ton of Henry in this book, which was quite disappointing. Considering Henry is my favorite character, I was a little upset that he wasn't in the book much.
-Didn't really care for Persephone too much.
-Cronus.

The Ending!
3 words -- What. The. Hell. Seriously!!! How the ____ could you end a book like that! I am so hurt! And Ava, what? No words can describe how I am feeling right now. I am so pissed! Kate, oh Kate, this sucks royally! How could you Ava?! You just broke my heart. Seriously just broke my heart. I think that was the most awfullest (<< don't even know if that's a word) cliffhanger that I have every read and that has ever torn my heart out! So not happy Mrs. Aimee Carter! So not happy!

But needless to say, lol, I can't wait for The Goddess Inheritance! I feel like punching a wall having to wait to find out what happens next. If you liked The Goddess Test, you must read this book to find out why I'm so hurt, so we can vent together! And if you haven't read this series, you definitely need to go pick up the first book!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment