Pages


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward

Title: Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
Author: J.R. Ward
Release Date: June 2008 by Signet
Edition: Mass Market Paperback, 534 pages

Synopsis:
In this "frighteningly addictive" paranormal romance sage there's a war raging between vampires and their slayers. Here are the stories of a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. And now a dutiful twin must choose between two lives...

Fiercely loyal to the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Phury has sacrificed himself for the good of the race, becoming the male responsible for keeping the Brotherhood's bloodlines alive. As Primale of the Chosen, he is obligated to father the sons and daughters who will ensure that the traditions of the race survive, and that there are warriors to fight those who want all vampires extinguished.

As his first mate, the Chosen Cormia wants to win not only his body, but his heart for herself. She is drawn to the noble responsibility behind the emotionally scarred male. But Phury has never allowed himself to know pleasure or joy. As the war with the Lessening Society grows grim, tragedy looms over the Brotherhood's mansion, and Phury must decide between duty and love....

My Thoughts:
This is the 6th installment of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, which includes Phury and Cormia's story. I have mixed emotions about this book. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. A lot goes on in this book and its so much to take in! Good and bad. This review will have spoilers, but I will save that section til the end and I will warn you when they are coming up. So if you want to by pass that you can :) This a reread and I have read the whole series. So I might not be able to contain myself.

Phury is one of the Brothers, I must admit, that I didn't care for. I liked him, but I didn't and there was nothing really special that caught my attention. But I did love his caring side. He always put others before himself. No matter what it was or what was going on, that person came first, especially when it came to Zsadist. In my eyes, Phury needed to take care of himself before he could take care of someone else. This book kind of focuses a lot on Phury's drug habit, his struggle to deal with the addiction, and the way it affect the people around him. It was tough to see him go through some of the emotions he went through. But I'm glad with the outcome. I did not care for the whole Phury in love with Bella thing.

Cormia is a Chosen and I really liked her. She wanted to be different and stand out from the other Chosen, because they were all the same. They did the same things, ate the same thing, and she really wanted to branch out from that. And that's what I like about Cormia the most. I also liked that she stood up for herself and what she felt, especially when it came to Phury.

Phury and Cormia's romance was rocky. It was a struggle throughout the entire book. But I did enjoy it. John is probably one of my favorite parts in this book. I really like John :) And I also like Qhuinn and Blay!

The ending of the book with Phury and Cormia made me happy! Now on to the spoilers :) If you didn't enjoy this book I highly suggest you continue the series and if you haven't read this series, you need to!


***SPOILER ALERT***

OMG! Yay for Tohr :) I am estatic! And Lassiter.
And the ending with Payne!!!??? Still a shock on how that comes about! I mean just came out of no where.
Baby Nalla! Awwwwwwww :D
Okay, I think I'll leave you guys with that.
Screw Lash! WTF? Lesser-Vampire??

No comments:

Post a Comment