I once knew a man who read about WWII. He read everything he could get his hands on on the subject. He had a whole wall of books that were all about WWII. It amazed me. How could he continue to find one subject that engrossing? My mother, on the other hand, loves to read best sellers. I’ve known other people who read science fiction to the exclusion of everything else; for others it was philosophy, self-help, or history.
I love to read Young Adult, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Dystopian books. I also read some middle grade books and your traditional happily ever after romances! It's just something about happily ever after. But I truly will try to read from all genres, but these are my most favorite.So, to the questions…What kind of books do you like to read?
Why? Provide specific examples.
- Harry Potter books by J. K. Rowling - Yes I have and always will be a Harry Potter fan! I love these books. So much action, drama, deception, betrayals and a little bit of romance in some of the books just keep you on the edge of seat, bed, or wherever you are reading them. Love!
- Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward - I love these vampire men! My all time favorite vamp series! They are so hardcore, who have been through so much in each of there lives. The love that they find, but with the reluctance to except it in some ways or another, is what kept me reading. Zsadist and Vishous all the way!!!
- The Iron Feys series by Julie Kagawa - This series was just amazing. I loved it so much! All the action, all the romance, all the little twists that keeps you wanting more is what truly makes this series great! Sad to see it end. Ash, oh Ash!
- The frick'n HUNGER GAMES trilogy! by Suzanne Collins - Words can't even describe why I love this trilogy so much! It was just mind blowing. This series takes you into another world, where the people are different than what we're use to, that have to survive in ways that we don't! Ugh! just blew mind away =)
- Riding The Storm by Brenda Jackson - There is nothing like a good romance that puts a smile on your face. Brenda Jackson is one of my favorite romance authors. Her stories are the sweetest but her characters do go through their trials and tribulations, which I enjoy.
- Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan - Rick Riordan's books are so full of adventure. Adventure after adventure after adventure. I really like books that have a lot of action in them and his books never disappoint. These books are such a fun and quick read. But you know what Rick, your endings always leave me really mad at you...Then you have to wait a YEAR to find out what happens next! Not Happy!