Pages


Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Author Interview: J. Meyers

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift. 
Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.
Add on goodreads: Here
My 4.5 star review: Here

Interview Questions
1. Where are you from and can you tell us a little but about yourself?
I'm originally from Vermont, but I currently live in central New York. I love to laugh and try not to take life too seriously. And I have always believed that doing something you love is much better than being rich. Richness in life is measured in much more important and meaningful things than money.

2. What made you decide to write a story involving twins? And is there any inspiration behind that aspect of the story?
My idea for the book was first just about a girl who could heal with a touch of her hand. But I have three young boys and I wanted to broaden the book's appeal, so I gave her a twin brother. I did a lot of reading and research about twins in hopes of being able to portray at least an essence of a twin bond.
3. I know you may get this a lot but, which gift would you rather have? Seer or Healer, and why did you choose that one over the other?
I've actually only gotten this a couple of times, and my answer is always the same: Healer. And it's because my brother has a rare, incurable form of cancer and I'd heal him in a heartbeat if I could.
4. Did you take part in the creation of the book cover for Intangible?
Yes. I actually created it myself using stock photography and doing a LOT of playing around with photo editing software. It was a lot of fun...after I got the hang of the software and found the right photo. My first couple of attempts at covers were terrible! :-)
5. Say for instance that something bad happened to your all-time favorite book. Would you rather the book be water damaged, run over by a car, colored in by a child, or pages missing of your favorite scene in the book? Explain and you must pick one :)
Colored in by a child...as long as I could still read the words. That way the book is still intact and in good shape...just a little more colorful. :-)
6. Which do you prefer, Stand Alones or Series?
I'm not sure I have a preference, in all reality. I love it when I find a fabulous book and I get to read more of the story, experience more of the world in the series. But I've also fallen deeply in love with some stand alone books. Yeah, it doesn't matter to me at all. What matters is that it's a fantastic, well-told story and beautiful writing.
7. Do you have any advice for those who would like to be authors someday?
Read! Read, read, read, and then read some more. Study authors' writings. For me, that's how I've learned best, by seeing how other people have done it and then doing it myself. Not studying ideas, but techniques. Also? Write the book you'd want to read.
8. Where can people find you (twitter, facebook, blog, etc) and where can they buy your book? 

Find me in these fun places:
Find Intangible:
My website (SIGNED paper & ebook): http://www.jmeyersbooks.com/store-2/
Thanks so much, Janina! It's been a real pleasure. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I just added this to my TBR list. Nice interview!!

    ReplyDelete