Pages


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What Kills Me by Wynne Channing


What Kills Me 
by Wynne Channing
Released |June 6th 2012 by Jet & Jack Press|
Edition |Ebook, 209 pages|
Source |For Review-Provided by Author|
An ancient prophecy warns of a girl destined to cause the extinction of the vampire race.
So when 17-year-old Axelia falls into a sacred well filled with blood and emerges a vampire, the immortal empire believes she is this legendary destroyer. Hunted by soldiers and mercenaries, Axelia and her reluctant ally, the vampire bladesmith Lucas, must battle to survive.
How will she convince the empire that she is just an innocent teenager-turned bloodsucker and not a creature of destruction? And if she cannot, can a vampire who is afraid of bugs summon the courage to fight a nation of immortals?

This fast paced, action packed novel blew me away. It took a different take on vampirism (pretty sure that's not a word)and that's what makes it so unique. Seeing an author come up with their own unique take on things is what makes a book amazing :) 

The characters in this book was amazing :) I really came to love Axelia! She was 'the one' that everyone wanted to kill :) There was just so much action! I went through this book in the snap of a finger. I mean, I had to take a break to sleep, but that's just irrelevant lol It truly was a page turning. Lucas was also an amazing character :) In the beginning I didn't really know what to expect from him, considering he wasn't the nicest person in the world, but as things progressed I really came to like him. He was a brave, strong, and intelligent vamp who just wanted to keep Zee safe. KUDOS! I swear they almost died a thousand times!

I really enjoyed book because, like I said before, it was a fast-paced, page turning, emotional, with a hint of romance kind of book lol :) I just can't get over the whole, I fell in a well filled with vampire blood and now I am a kick ass, stronger than the rest, vampire. 

I really loved this book and am hoping their is a sequel. I definitely recommend this to those who love vamps and just want to enjoy a light & fun read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment