Pages


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (31): Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper

Between the Lives
by Jessica Shirvington
Released |May 2013 by HarperCollins|
Add to Goodreads

Above all else, though I try not to think about it, I know which life I prefer. And every night when I Cinderella myself from one life to the next a very small, but definite, piece of me dies. The hardest part is that nothing about my situation has ever changed. There is no loophole.
Until now, that is... 

For as long as she can remember, Sabine has lived two lives. Every 24 hours she Shifts to her 'other' life - a life where she is exactly the same, but absolutely everything else is different: different family, different friends, different social expectations. In one life she has a sister, in the other she does not. In one life she's a straight-A student with the perfect boyfriend, in the other she's considered a reckless delinquent. Nothing about her situation has ever changed, until the day when she discovers a glitch: the arm she breaks in one life is perfectly fine in the other. With this new knowledge, Sabine begins a series of increasingly risky experiments which bring her dangerously close to the life she's always wanted...But just what - and who - is she really risking?

Why I'm Wishing...
This sounds very interesting to me. I usually don't read many books like this, but I would really like to give this one a try. I can't wait to see what its all about :)

23 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for this one too! Sounds kind of like alternate realities or something?! Similar to Lucid which was a great book! Living two different lives.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. I think I want to read it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very intriguing synopsis which definitely piqued my interest. I hope you'll get to read this one soon.

    My WW

    Ingrid @ Le Chat de Bibliothèque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of the book before, looks like a good one though.

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sound of this one, love the cover, too! Adding to my pile, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this one before but sounds really intriguing! I'll have to add it to my always-growing pile! :) Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... This sounds absolutely awesome. I haven't heard of this before, but it's going onto my tbr now. Thanks alot for stepping by and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know Jessica Shirvigton had an other book out. I love her Embrace series, therefore I must get this one!! It sounds great. I hope we both get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-42.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds really interesting. Good pick!

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-42.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, This book sounds really interesting.
    thanks for sharing.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting! I'd love to know more about her two lives and how they intersect. Nice choice!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Jessica's Embrace series but here she is writing another book, hopefully I could read her books soon! I really like the cover and it sounds good! This goes on the ever growing TBR pile! Awesome pick!


    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday pick!

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good and I like the cover.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a very interesting book. I will definitely be adding this to my wishlist too!

    Here's my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick sounds like an interesting read. Hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't read a lot of books like this either but I'm going to add this one to my wishlist! Thanks for sharing... I hope you enjoy it :)
    my WW

    Shushkat

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book sounds so good! I can't wait to read it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read anything by Shirvington yet, but this book is definitely on my TBR list! Nice choice!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one is new to me but it does sound pretty good! I haven't read anything by Shirvington but I've heard great things about her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhh, thanks so much for sharing! I didn't even know - oh my! ;D I love Jessica Shirvington's Violet Eden chapters series and I find parallel worlds SO intruiging, so that's why I'm practically freaking out right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the sound of this parallel universe story-I tend to like the ideas such books play with.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds totally awesome! and i love the cover! Great pick!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete