Pages


Monday, November 18, 2013

Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sentinel
(Covenant, #5)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released |November 2nd 2013 by Spencer Hill Press|
Edition |ebook|
Add to Goodreads
It's a beautiful day for a war.
As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.
And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.
In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.
I must say that out of all the books in this Covenant series, this is my least favorite even though I still enjoyed it. Now don't get me wrong, even though I said it was my least favorite, I still thought the book was good. It had some enjoyable moments, but as a final book, I thought it could have been better. I'm glad I started to the series and I'm definitely sad to see it end. This installment had some action packed moments and I was dying to know how things would end. I still would recommend this series because it is a favorite of mine. I can't wait to see what Armentrout has in store for us next.


I was happy to finally reunite with Aiden and Alex one last time. I have really come to love the relationship between the two. They better each other and the romance is always nice and sweet. I was happy to see Aiden speak his mind a bit more in this installment. Usually he doesn't argue with Alex, but in this installment who put his two cents in a few things. But the characters were part of my problem in this book. Alex, Aiden, and Seth were so whiny. It started to get annoying for me and the constant bickering and jealousy between Aiden and Seth started to grate on my nerves because it was going on throughout the entire book. Like every five seconds!

There still were those fun and funny moments between some of the characters. Seriously though, Deacon and Apollo had me cracking up. The ending wasn't really one of my favorite either in all honesty. I just don't know how I feel about it. It wasn't what I was expecting, but the way things happened was weird to me. It's hard for me to explain. I really didn't like the ending all that much to say the least. But I still enjoyed the story. It was fun, minus the whining, and fast paced just like all the other books :) I'm sad to see the series end!

16 comments:

  1. I have to agree. In many ways, this was quite disappointing, especially for the series finale. I just felt that Armentrout didn't care much anymore. Perhaps I was wrong, but that's the impression I got. And it was so full of errors.
    Ah, well, perhaps the spin-off will be better.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be a spin off?! I've not heard anything about it :) I'm anxious now.

      Delete
  2. I'm seeing mixed reviews for this one and I have no idea how to feel about it. I'll hopefully start it next weekend and I'm afraid it'll disappoint me. So sad it was a bit disappointing for you. Great review, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing quite a bit about this particular ending. That it has made quite a few cry and all that. Haven't had a chance to read this one since I am knee deep in an ebook challenge and I tend to buy 95% hard copies and this is definitely one of those book! Sad to hear that you didn't quite enjoy this one but am definitely looking forward to seeing how it all ends. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it and that ending lol! At first I was sad, but then things kept getting weird.

      Delete
  4. Now I have no excuses for not reading Covenant series - all books are published. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLs I just don't get why this love triangle and constant bickering between A&S went on for so long. I haven't read past Deity, but I've heared a lot of complaints about that aspect. Plus, wth?! They start whining? Oh, no! Aman said that this was a very okay-ish installment as well so... I'm not hurrying at all to finish this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apollyon was great! But then we get to this one that wasn't as good as all the other books.

      Delete
  6. It wasn't the ending I was expecting either, but I think it really fits them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way, I can see why you would think. I want to know why exactly the route was taken with the whole half here and half there thing.

      Delete
  7. Have not read this series -- I think I'll wait and see if people are happy with the way it all comes out :)
    Great review. Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying to read this book, but I'm scared because all my friends think it wasn't good. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though. I hope I can read it soon!
    Happy reading!
    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete