Pages


Thursday, November 7, 2013

The House of Hades by Rick Riordan

The House of Hades
(Heroes of Olympus, #4)
by Rick Riordan
Released |October 8th 2013 by Hyperion Books|
Edition |Hardback, 583 pages|
Add to Goodreads
At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape?
They have no choice. If the demigods don’t succeed, Gaea’s armies will never die. They have no time. In about a month, the Romans will march on Camp Half-Blood. The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.
I must say that Riordan has done it again. It's been about two weeks since I've read the book, but I'm hoping I am able to review this the way I want. I usually review books right after I read them, but I kind of forgot with this and I don't know how I did. This book, just like all the others, was very fun and adventurous. We also get multiple pov's and didn't have any problems with them. There are characters that I like more than others, but I did enjoy reading from each of the different characters povs. There was also some very great character development within the book that I really enjoyed. Definitely, definitely enjoyed this book and thought it was amazing and I highly recommend the series!


The action in this book was non stop! Each time we got a different pov, more and more things always happened, whether good or bad. I was definitely happy that we got to see a lot more Percy and Annabeth. It was more than I thought I was gonna get. I love Percy to death, but he and Annabeth went through some tortuous things within the House of Hades. Both had to be extremely strong to make it through together and they always play off each other's strengths and weaknesses. And through Percy and Annabeth we meet Bob who I loved to pieces! Jason and Leo are just hilarious to me. I don't really know how I Feel about Hazel and Piper, but I think I like Hazel more than I like Piper. Piper is okay, but I find her to be forgettable. And Frank is also a wild card, nut he really had some major character development in this book. It was nice to see because in the past books he was forgettable as well. But as far as the main characters go, I don't dislike any of them. I just feel like some outshine the others in certain aspects.

I really enjoyed the romance aspect :) We saw a little bit with each character and I really enjoyed them all. I was especially happy for Leo and really want to see what will happen with that. The ending didn't leave off with a major cliff hanger like the last book, which was awesome, but it still left you with some unanswered questions that have you really anxious for the next book. I can't wait! I am always dying to get my hands on the next installment. This or Mark of Athena are competing for my favorite in the series :)

10 comments:

  1. Non stop action sounds great for this kind of book. I've not read any Riordan but its on my eventual tbr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read this series yet (I am such a jerk) and it sounds so exciting! I should probably do something about that pronto, but I can't seem to find the time. I really hope I'll manage soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really and light reads :) Definitely something to read when you want something quick.

      Delete
  3. That's great you really loved this one!! Non-stop action seems very suitable for these stories. I haven't read any of the books, but a friend of mine really enjoys them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of this series yet, mostly because I was put off so much by the movies. Which is awful, I know, because I've been told so many times the books eclipse the movies by MILES.

    So glad you enjoyed this :D your review is swaying me to check out the series ...

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was okay to me. It wasn't the best and was really far off from the story. but the books are awesome!

      Delete
  5. I still haven't started this series and I have no idea why. I wish it was popular when I was a kid here so I could read them then. Anyhow I'm so happy you enjoyed this one. Great review, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read the PJ series back in high school and couldn't get enough! Those are short, but the HoO series are longer.

      Delete