Pages


Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (57): Illusive



Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper
Illusive
by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Released |July 15th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers|
Add to Goodeads
When the MK virus swept across the planet, a vaccine was created to stop the epidemic, but it came with some unexpected side effects. A small percentage of the population developed superhero-like powers. Seventeen-year-old Ciere Giba has the handy ability to change her appearance at will. She’s what’s known as an illusionist… She’s also a thief.
After a robbery goes awry, Ciere teams up with a group of fellow super-powered criminals on another job that most would consider too reckless. The formula for the vaccine that gave them their abilities was supposedly destroyed years ago. But what if it wasn’t? The lines between good and bad, us and them, freedom and entrapment are blurred as Ciere and the rest of her crew become embroiled in a deadly race against the government that could cost them their lives.

Why I'm Wishing...
I definitely like the sounds of this and saw the cover on pinterest and had to check it out. I would like to give it a try sometime.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, great pick! I never knew about this book, must look it up now! :)
    Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I've seen it around before. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this one! I came across it the other day on goodreads and I just had to add it to my TBR. Super powered criminals? Yes, please!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That most definitvely sounds interesting! I'm putting this on my maybe pile. Thanks!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this one around and it definitely sounds interesting. I love the cove too. Great pick Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I havent heard of this one before, but I am really liking the sound of it. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is new to me. Hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the sound of this. i haven't run across of it before but it's going on my wishlist. awesome pick :D

    hope you can stop by my WoW post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't seen this one before; love the cover! Sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hadn't seen this one before, but it does sound promising. Great pick!

    My Wow @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHH!! This cover is awesome. I 100% get why you wanted to know more about it and then I read the blurb. Ohhhh boy. It does sound like a wonderful, thrilling read. I hope you enjoy it, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mhm, sounds so good! Really original and interesting and ohh, I hope it's gonna be really fast paced and with a ton of plot twists and conspiracies! It sounds like it could be a book like that and I'd really crave that right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adding to my list, this sounds great and the cover is awesome! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, superhero teenagers! This sounds awesome :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this one before, but the premise sounds awesome. I'm adding it to my TBR :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen this one before, but the cover is gorgeous, and boy do I love stories about epidemics. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds super fun! And I do like the cover! Great pick Janina! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen this one around and I seriously want to read it. Kind of sounds similar to The Darkest Minds- with the virus causing superpowers thing!

    ReplyDelete