Pages


Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (24): Fairest


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Fairest
(The Lunar Chronicles, #0.1)
by Marissa Meyer
Releases |January 27th 2015 by Feiwel & Friends|
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?
Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.
Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series
Why I'm Waiting...
Well considering I love the Lunar Chronicles series, this is sort of a must read especially since it's a full length book and not just a short novella. I can't wait to see what the author has in store for us and I'm curious to see what Levana's life was like before the drama with Cinder came about. 

13 comments:

  1. Seeing a lot of this today! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pick too this week! Can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds and all that lol :) I can't wait to see what its all about.

      Delete
  3. I'm interested to hear her side of the story. I'm not a fan of Levana, but this will give us some insight that might shine a different light on everything.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of her either but I do want to see what this has in store.

      Delete
  4. I've only read the first book in this series. I hope you enjoy this one!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds interesting..Great pic Janina! Cover creeps me out!

    Happy Reading
    Patrick @ The Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrick and the cover isn't like the rest of the books.

      Delete
  6. So sad that Winter was pushed back, but can't wait to explore Levana's backstory :) I hope we both enjoy this one! Great pick, Janina ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Winter was pushed back :( But I still cant wait!

      Delete
  7. I love the cover of this one! Unfortunately, I gave up with the series - it's too long! And it's even longer until the fourth (now fifth?) book comes out. Hope you enjoy Fairest when you read it!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read Cinder, etc. but I really do want too. They sound great. this one also sounds really good and I LOVE that cover.

    ReplyDelete