Pages


Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward

Title: Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
Author: J.R. Ward
Release Date: October 1st 2007 by Signet Book
Edition: Mass Market Paperback, 502 pages

Synopsis:
In Caldwell, New York, war rages between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Now the cold heart of a cunning predator will be warmed against its will...

Ruthless and brilliant, Vishous, son of the Bloodletter, possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a pretrans growing up in his father's war camp he was tormented and abused. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time-until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that cannot include her...

My Thoughts:
This is the 5th installment in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. And this book is of Vishous and Jane's story.

I really like Vishous. He is my second favorite BDB and just like Zsadist, Vishous and had a very painful and gruesome past. But the difference is that all of of Vishous pain came from his father. I thought it was terrible and couldn't imagine something like that happening to a male I knew. Vishous is strong, but sometimes self-conscious, which makes me like him a whole lot more. The back story for Vishous was captivating and sad all the same. You get a better insight to him in this book that you don't get to see with the glimpses in the other book. Oh, and Vishous finally meets him mom and boy was that still a surprise. I still don't see the signs from any of the other book, but that main fact. And she had a job for him, which he wasn't feeling.

Jane, Vishous's love interest, is also strong. She's human, but tough, which made the Brotherhood like her an awful lot. They give their respect to people who help out a fellow Brother in need. For instance, with what happened to Phury.

Jane and Vishous's romance is good, but it's not your typical lovey dovey type. Vishous is hardcore, but Jane could handle it. But all the same, I loved their romance. And Butch still cracks me up!
You see a lot of Phury and John in this book also. Of course Phury, because his book is next and I just love John! This next sentence is a ***SPOILER*** ----- John goes through the transition :D finally! But, you learn a bunch of SURPRISING things in this book!!!!!!

Some dislikes:
The ending, ending with the whole Jane's a _______ thing. WTF?
The Primal thing....WTF? Thanks for Phury!
The Scribe Virgen kind of pissed me off in this book.

The Ending:
The ending with Jane...I kind of shed a couple of tears! Vishous's pain tore my heart out! OMG it was a painful moment for me. And I also liked the last couple of pages of the book, with Vishous and the birds :D Aww!

I love this seris and I highly recommend it :) You guys have to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I LOVE Vishous he is my fave Brother :) then Butch and Zadist.. oh well they all come in 2nd after V *sigh*

    SupaGurl

    ReplyDelete