Pages


Monday, November 25, 2013

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night
(Under the Never Sky, #2)
by Veronica Rossi
Released |January 8th 2013 by HarperCollins|
Edition |Hardback, 341 pages|
Add to Goodreads
It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death.
Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.
Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.
Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?
Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?
In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure-and a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable
I really enjoyed Through the Ever Night :) I don't know why I've been putting off reading it for so long, but I'm so glad that I finally read it! I was hoping my library would get the audio of it since I read Under the Never Sky in audio form, but hey, it doesn't matter. I loved being back in this interesting world and reconnecting with all the amazing characters. I was pretty amazed at how easily it was for me to dive into the story because lately I've not been able to really get fully into a book until about a quarter of the way in. The story was really good and I'm can't wait to start the next book to see how everything turns out. 

Aria is one of the more interesting characters in this book to me, even though at times she can be a bit on the goody goody side. But I could definitely relate to her feelings of not knowing where she fit in and wanting to belong somewhere. That was something that I really appreciated seeing in the story. I adore her relationship with Perry, but she has a tendency to run off and it irks me to the extreme. Perry had some growth to his character in this installment that I really liked. He finally stepped up in his role as blood lord :) I felt for him in this book. I mean, not know who you can trust and who has your back has got to be a horrible feeling! And Roar is just adorable. I really like his character and I felt for him as well when that 'situation' happened. 

At first, I had a problem with these new characters that kept being introduced into the story. The Kierra or Kira or Kara chick (can't remember her name for the life of me), I didn't like and thought that little tidbit was annoying. The doubt of the relationships in the story was a bothersome. Why have me feel that way, ya know? But overall, I really liked the story and can't wait to see what happens! A lot of interesting things started happening towards the end that I'm really excited to see the conclusion to in the next book :)


12 comments:

  1. This was my favorite of the three, actually. It was by far the most emotional. Middle books are usually the weakest link, but not in this case. I finished book 3 recently, and while I enjoyed it a lot, it came nowhere near being as awesome as this.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not read the third yet but I do have :) I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. I still haven't started this series but it seems like a great read. I have heard great things about the first book, but mostly people love this sequel. I'm so glad you enjoyed it too. I hope I'll get to read it soon. Great review, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope u give the series a try Tanja. It's really good :)

      Delete
  3. Loved aria too and the doubt in the relationship bothered me, but I understand why it was there i guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose, but it just seemed so unnecessary while reading it.

      Delete
  4. I love this series even though I gave UtNS 3.5 stars O.o Whaaat? That was way too critical of me, I don't even remember what I didn't like because it was so memorable and good. Ehh.. :( I've yet to read this one though and just as you, I've been putting it off for a while. Thehee, Perry and Aria are some of my favorite characters, too. Their chemistry = all the feels!!!!! So happy that you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you're going to think of the sequel! Hope u read it soon.

      Delete
  5. I haven't started this series, but that's great you're still enjoying it. I like that you can get back into the story easily too since that's sometimes a problem with series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what? I LOVED these two books and can't wait for the third one to come out next year, but I think it's the only book ever that I love without knowing why. I seriously cannot put my finger on what makes these books so great! I have stumbled upon a couple of the problems you mentioned, too and I swear in most other books they would've bothered me to no end, but...for some reason...I just raced through Veronika Rossi's books and finished them with this weird feeling of amazingness :) Okay, anyway, your review was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book earlier this week! I gave it four stars as well. This review sums up my own thoughts on it--almost exactly, actually! I'm looking forward to the next book as well. I have a feeling it's going to be a good series conclusion.

    ReplyDelete