Pages


Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (59): Captivate

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper
Captivate
by Vanessa Garden
Releases |January 1st 2014 by Harlequin TEEN|
Add to Goodreads
In a glittering underwater world, nothing is as it seems...
For the past twelve months since her parents’ death, seventeen-year-old Miranda Sun has harboured a dark secret — a secret that has strained the close relationship she once shared with her older sister, Lauren. In an effort to repair this broken bond, Miranda’s grandparents whisk the siblings away on a secluded beach holiday. Except before Miranda gets a chance to confess her life-changing secret, she’s dragged underwater by a mysterious stranger while taking a midnight swim.
Awakening days later, Miranda discovers that she’s being held captive in a glittering underwater city by an arrogant young man named Marko...the King of this underwater civilisation.
Nineteen-year-old Marko intends to marry Miranda in order to keep his crown from falling into the sinister clutches of his half-brother, Damir. There’s only one problem. Miranda is desperate to return home to right things with her sister and she wants nothing to do with Marko. Trying to secure her freedom, Miranda quickly forms an alliance with Robbie — Marko’s personal guard. However, she soon discovers that even underwater, people are hiding dangerous secrets...

Why I'm Wishing...
I haven't read a book like this in quite awhile and I only just found out about this yesterday. I'm intrigued :) I'd definitely like to know what secret she's desperately trying to tell her sister.

19 comments:

  1. Oooh looks pretty! Never heard for it before. Must look it up.
    Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, pretty! It sounds amazing! Adding it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lovely cover. Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty cover. I haven't heard of this one but sounds and looks really nice. Great pick Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is awesome and the story sounds really interesting. Nothing like what I've read before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. harlequin teen knows how to make super romantic covers! captive looks and sounds fantastic! will keep an eye out for this one.

    hope you can stop by my WoW post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Underwater worlds are awesome, just think Renegade. :) And I love the cover, it's gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the summary, love the cover, i will totally be reading this. Thank you for sharing!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cover and I haven't read about an underworld in a long time either now that I think about it.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of this one but like most of my fellow commenters, I think the cover is great! I hope you love this one!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that cover is captivating! :) Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen this one before, I like the cover and it sound really good too. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover and it sounds great! I will be adding it to my TBR list! Hope you get it soon.
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/wishlist-wednesday-73.html

    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds amazing! The cover is gorgeous, too. I've never heard of this before, so thanks for featuring it :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I am all for this one! It sounds really good! I haven't read many stories like this, so I am definitely up for reading this! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My gosh! That cover is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cover! I will check this one out!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, this sounds really good and that cover is beautiful! I really want to know what Miranda's secret is and find out more about the underwater city! Definitely adding this to my TBR. Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete