Pages


Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lord of Misrule by Rachel Cain

Lord of Misrule
(Morganville Vampires, #5)
by Rachel Caine
Released |January 6th 2009 by Signet|
Edition |audio|
Source |library|
Add to Goodreads
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.
Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.

I think I've been away from this series way to long and was as invested in the stories like I was the other books. Listening to the audio was easy for me and I like the flow of things, but I kind of forgot some of the things from previous books. As the book continued, I started remembering more and more. I still like the world of Morganville and the characters, but I need to get back into the flow of the stories. I really like how these books are so fast paced and they always have tons of action within them that makes you fly threw the books. Lord of Misrule did not disappoint in that aspect. I honestly think I didn't enjoy this as much because of myself and not reading the books close enough together. Its been awhile since I've read book 4 and just didn't understand the story enough in the beginning because each books picks up where the last left off.


The characters are pretty much all the same and Claire is always a fun character to get to know. She's brave and I really like the connect and the friend between her, Shane, Eve, and Michael. They have a great bond and friendship, which can be hard to find in some books. I'm really curious about the next book because this ending left a huge question mark on what would happen next. Bishop is always up to something! Like, how did he appear and just take over like that so suddenly? And Mernin always brings a roller coaster ride. I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve. Overall, the story was okay, but I still can't wait to find out what happens in the next installment.

9 comments:

  1. I have heard of this series but haven't read any of the book yet. While my co-blogger Glass seems to really enjoy it. I'm glad you enjoyed this one and it sounds like a great read. Great review Keertana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad she likes it :) I like how its focused on one city!

      Delete
  2. Great review Janina! I hope I get around with this series, and I really can't wait to see what happens next!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made it to I think #11, but I've fallen behind on the series. The last couple of books were pretty good, but I think I'm getting bored now. Once the last book is released, I'll probably have a readathon to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I don't get bored with the series. I'm glad I kind of took a break from it though :)

      Delete
  4. I love a brave main character so Claire would be up my alley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh..this series...*sigh* I dont' know what happened with me but I read like the first 2-3 books and I just gave up. I'm glad you are liking it though. I don't remember anything, but the world building and the characters sound great! :D

    Awesome review, Janina! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete