Pages


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (43): In the Age of Love and Chocolate by Gabrielle Zevin


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper

In the Age of Love and Chocolate
(Birthright, #3)
by Gabrielle Zevin
Releases |October 29th 2013 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)|
Add to Goodreads
All These Things I’ve Done introduced us to timeless heroine Anya Balanchine, a plucky sixteen year old with the heart of a girl and the responsibilities of a grown woman. Now eighteen, life has been more bitter than sweet for Anya. She has lost her parents and her grandmother, and has spent the better part of her high school years in trouble with the law. Perhaps hardest of all, her decision to open a nightclub with her old nemesis Charles Delacroix has cost Anya her relationship with Win.
Still, it is Anya’s nature to soldier on. She puts the loss of Win behind her and focuses on her work. Against the odds, the nightclub becomes an enormous success, and Anya feels like she is on her way and that nothing will ever go wrong for her again. But after a terrible misjudgment leaves Anya fighting for her life, she is forced to reckon with her choices and to let people help her for the first time in her life.
In the Age of Love and Chocolate is the story of growing up and learning what love really is. It showcases the best of Gabrielle Zevin’s writing for young adults: the intricate characterization of Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and the big-heartedness of Elsewhere. It will make you remember why you loved her writing in the first place.

Why I'm Wishing...
This series really surprised me. I got the audio of the first book on a whilm from my public library because the cover drew me in. So to stumble across the series and really like it is awesome :)

Other books in the Series

19 comments:

  1. Agreed! Still have to read Because it is my Blood, but the first novel surprised me SO much! I love Zevin's writing style and ALL the characters - and I really can't wait to get into this series again. Thanks so much for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering that I liked the previous two books in this series I hope that this one won't disappoint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen those other books all over the place, and I want to read them so much. I'll find the time eventually!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never heard of these books or the author! But I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it!

    Andddddd, I thought I'd be presumptuous and add: if you ever wanna let someone *borrow* (and I seriously mean BORROW) Across A Star-Swept Sea, I would be much obliged ;)

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my sister (and blog partner) leslie is dying for this book. she LOVES this series.

    our WoW pick

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though this isnt my type of b ook, it does sound like a great series ;) Thanks for stopping by our Wow! :)
    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Check out our Wow!
    Don't forget to check out our giveaways, There's SEVEN! HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard a lot about the series and I am a little curious as well. Will probably try reading at least one.
    Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this series yet, but it looks really good! Enjoy it when you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to look into this series. Thanks for sharing!
    Cricket@ Little Library MuseMy Wow

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of this series before! Sounds (and looks) awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't read the first book of the series, but it sounds good.
    thanks for sharing.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. That series looks awesome, thanks for sharing it! :)


    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Waiting on Wednesdays
    WWW Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  13. All These Things I’ve Done is one of my favorite books ever and I so need to read book 2 soon. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pick! I didn't realize this was a series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't read the series but I really want to! Besides of how cool it sounds, the covers are fantastic.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember reading your review for the second book, and you really got me interested in this series.. Great cover too!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look interesting! I'm not sure that I would grab it based on the cover alone, even though they are eye catching. I'll have to check out the first book :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY! I hadn't seen the cover for this third book yet but it's been one of my favorite series so I'm very excited to think about how soon it will be releasing!

    ReplyDelete