Pages


Thursday, July 11, 2013

Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep

Midnight Frost
(Mythos Academy, #5)
by Jennifer Estep
Released |July 30th 2013 by K-Teen|
Edition |eARC|
Source |Netgalley|

Add to Goodreads
Here we go again …
Just when it seems life at Mythos Academy can’t get any more dangerous, the Reapers of Chaos manage to prove me wrong. It was just a typical night at the Library of Antiquities — until a Reaper tried to poison me. The good news is I’m still alive and kicking. The bad news is the Reaper poisoned someone else instead.
As Nike’s Champion, everyone expects me to lead the charge against the Reapers, even though I’m still hurting over what happened with Spartan warrior Logan Quinn. I’ve got to get my hands on the antidote fast — otherwise, an innocent person will die. But the only known cure is hidden in some creepy ruins — and the Reapers are sure to be waiting for me there …
This was another adventurous and interesting novel in the Mythos Academy series. This was definitely a quick read for me as these books always are. They're so light and action packed which makes it easier for you to fly through the book :) The action in this book is always amazing to me, there is never a dull moment in that aspect of the book, but in this installment, I was missing my romance. It was there, but then again, it wasn't. I'll explain more about that later though.


Gwen is a great character who keeps me entertained throughout the series the majority of the time. But what I like about Gwen the most is that she's a brave character. She took the role of Nike's Champion and has been doing a great job of being a leader even though she can get confused about things. That's expected. I just really like how she has stepped up to the plate. I also feel as though she's matured as a character, but she felt a tad bit whiny to me in this book. I understand why, but I'm just not use to seeing her so mopey. I also really liked the new character we were introduced to in this installment :) Rory was definitely an interesting character. I really hope to see her in the next book! I think those two together would make a great fighting team!

And then there was Logan, who I love! Like, why was he not in this book so much? I just don't understand. I mean I do understand, but he always keeps me entertained. I felt like a part of the book was missing when he wasn't apart of the story because Gwen was so mopey and sad and he could have been non-existent. The snarky comments and playfulness that the stories usually contain when those two were around each other was missing and I hope we can see more of that. But overall, I did enjoy the story and can't wait for the next book, Killer Frost!

12 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm really the only person who haven't read Mythos Academy. Everyone are talking about it and I have no idea. I'm glad you enjoyed this one overall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this series, but I haven't gotten the chance yet. It sounds really good, and i'm glad you liked this one! :)

    ~Sydney@Pika Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen sounds really brave and entertaining. And no Tanja, you aren't the one only who hasnt read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see much love for Logan everywhere I go and see someone talking about this series. These books kinda remind me of Vampire Academy which is action-packed, filled with crazy-hot guys and snarky characters and are just a blast to read. I haven't read this series though, but since every single one of my blogging friends love this series, I must get to them soon. Thanks for sharing your lovely review with us, Janina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the first book in the series, and need to make the time to read it soon. I'm glad you're still enjoying the series, despite missing Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanja you're not the only one! lol ;p I hear so many great things about this series, but I just need a push into getting started on them. I can't wait to see what all the hype is about! Glad you enjoyed this, Janina! :D

    Great review!

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that Gwen is a brave character! I really need to get my hands on this series! Great review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read this series but I love how action packed they seem! The heroine sounds amazing!

    Alise @ Readers In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a lot of Logan? :( I feel like I just died right there. But!!! I'm still really excited for this book! Mythos Academy is one of my favorite series and there's already a name for the sixth book? Cool :D

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete