Pages


Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Cress
(The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
by Marissa Meyer
Released |February 4th 2014 by Feiwel & Friends|
Add to Goodreads
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
I'm finally glad I made the time for Cress. I missed being away from the characters in this book and I was so glad to see them all again. Cress was not a small read, but it was fairly quick for me. I didn't wait to put the book down. I wanted to know more and more while I was reading it. I was into to the book from the very start and didn't want it to end when I got to the final page. There was a lot going on in this installment. Many different things started to happen and I began to find out more and more information. Cinder and her friends are still trying to figure out a way to stop the horrid wedding between the Queen Levana and Emperor Kai.


We are introduced to Cress in this installment and as you can see from the cover she is like Rapunzel. We are back united with Cinder, Scarlet, Thorne, Wolfe, Kai, and everyone else. It was so exciting! And the fact that Cress made a small appearance in a previous book was pretty interesting. When it was mentioned, I started recalling that part in the first book I believe. But yeah, I loved being with all the characters. I don't think I connected with Cress as much as I did Cinder and Scarlet, but in the end I still liked her. She was an interesting character who has been isolated on a satellite for the past seven years with no one but herself. Her taking to Thorne really surprised me for some reason though. I don't think I was expecting it in the beginning, but I actually liked their relationship.

The book had some great action moments and I liked seeing the connection between all the characters. I will say the switching of all the povs can be a little much at times. The povs switch often between ALL the characters. Some get more of a spotlight than others. I don't mind it at times because I like being in their heads, but sometimes I feel as though we should be in someone elses pov when we're in another. I don't know if that made ANY SENSE at all! The end with Kai and Cinder really warmed my heart though! I can't wait for Winter :) I just can't get enough of this series.

11 comments:

  1. I know, these books aren't small, they're pretty big books. Especially Cress. But they read so quick! :D I love them, Cress is my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fly through them every time :) no matter how big!

      Delete
  2. The action as well as the connection between the characters sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Cress so much! I'm glad you loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. I can't wait to read winter!

      Delete
  4. I definitely need to catch up with this series! Cinder was a great debut novel fresh and exciting, I'm definitely picking up the new one :)

    Patrick @ The Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to see you loved this one a lot, Janina! This was my favorite installment in the series! Cress and Thorne were lovely people <3 The amount of POV changes didn't really bother me because I liked all the characters :D

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me a while to get into Cress's character too, but she eventually grew on me! =D I never minded the multiple POVs since they all had unique voices and unique stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this series as well!! Cress was an amazing character, and I really can't wait for winter as well! Great review!
    - Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete