Pages


Friday, May 18, 2012

The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson

The Lost Code
(The Atlanteans, #1)
by Kevin Emerson
Released |: May 22nd 2012 by HarperCollins Children's Books|
Edition |E-ARC|
WHAT IS OLDEST WILL BE NEW, WHAT IS LOST SHALL BE FOUND.

The ozone is ravaged, ocean levels have risen, and the sun is a daily enemy. But global climate change is not something new in the Earth’s history.

No one will know this better than less-than-ordinary Owen Parker, who is about to discover that he is the descendant of a highly advanced ancient race—a race that took their technology too far and almost destroyed the Earth in the process.

Now it is Owen’s turn to make right in his world what went wrong thousands of years ago. If Owen can unlock the lost code in his very genes, he may rediscover the forgotten knowledge of his ancestry…and that less-than-ordinary can evolve into extraordinary.
Going into this book, I really didn't know what to expect. But I was really surprised by some of the awesomeness in this book :) 

At first, this book started off a little slow for me. It wasn't slow as in awful, but just slow paced. I was anxious to see when things would pick up and have some true drama and action happen. In the beginning, I thought, uhh, this might not be to great, but then things started to pick up!

I liked Owen's character. He wasn't the in your face, I'm an awesome hero type of guy, he was more subtle. He was kind of awkward and nonchalant, and also a mystery. I couldn't figure him out in the beginning. That what really drew me to his character. He was different. I didn't know what to expect from him. Lily, I still don't know how I feel for her. She was very smart and drawn to Owen from the start. But, I think I like her lol She was nice and passionate throughout the entire book.

The whole thing with the gills was kind of awesome! I really liked the whole concept. That they were still human, but had a set of gills! Actual gills :) Sounds kind of gross now that I think about it though... But anyways, the whole mystery to the Atlanteans was really intriguing and really made the book. I was so into the whole mystery with finding out what meant what and who was meant to do what. The Lost Code :) It brought a whole other element to the book. The whole thing with the mystery behind the skulls and the three true Atlanteans was awesome! Who is the third Atlantean? Do we already know who it is? We know two for sure, but then there's that possible! That completely threw me for a loop :) And added a twist!

I did enjoy the romance between Owen and Lily and I also liked how it didn't take up the whole book. The book was focus more on the actually story of the book, not just the romance. The action did pick up, and when it did I really enjoyed it :) This book was a definite page turner for me once I really sat down and really got into it.

I recommend this book for those who like a good mystery, mythology, and of course, end of the world, apocalyptic books :)! Awesome :D

Thanks to Harper Collins and Edelweiss for the opportunity to review this book! All thoughts are my honest opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I love mysteries! I also love a good romance but really like when it doesn't overtake the story. Just sucks that it was slow to start.

    ReplyDelete