Pages


Monday, February 11, 2013

Mating Instinct by Katie Reus

Mating Instinct
(Moon Shifter, #3)
by Katie Reus
Released |March 5th 2013 by Signet Eclipse|
Edition |eARC|

Source |Netgalley/Publicist|
Add to Goodreads

As the beast within struggles to break free, he must learn to be what she needs...
Surviving for centuries, powerful lupine shifter Jayce Kazan managed to stay away from humans until he met Kat Saburova and was consumed by the need to protect her. But while Jayce shared his passion with the human seer, he refused to make her his bondmate—a refusal that caused the end of their relationship.
A year later, an attack that left Kat near death has resulted in another lupine shifter turning her. Furious that he wasn’t the one to save her, Jayce is determined to show Kat that he is the one she should rely on. But the newly turned shifter is still traumatized and worried that she’ll hurt those she loves, unless she can learn to control her inner wolf.
And as Jayce struggles to protect Kat from her own worst instincts and convince her to rekindle their love, the extremists who almost killed her are looking to finish the job…

I absolutely freaking adored this installment in the Moon Shifters series! It might just be my favorite in this series. I've always been intrigued by Jayce and Kat's story ever since we were first introduced to their characters and I was so happy when I knew they would be getting their own book. The past between them hasn't always been easy and it seem as if things left off on a bad note. So lets just say things between the two were a bit hostile in the beginning :)


The first thing I loved about this book was that even though Jayce and Kat dated seriously in the past, there wasn't an immediate relationship. Of course they still have feelings for each other, but it was nice to see them rebuild the relationship they once had. Now Kat was a bit hardcore in this book. She wasn't playing any games when she said she didn't want to get back into a relationship with Jayce. The girl can be so headstrong! Sometimes I got a bit annoyed when she acted like he was a plague out to kill her because it was obvious she still cared. I was like come on already. throw the poor guy a bone! And on that note, Jayce was so bad ass! Ugh, I LOVED him :) I was so mad when the book ended because I wanted MORE! I completely fell for these two characters and their romance :)

Also, the book was fill with great entertainment and action. Side note: I would love to see more of the cubs in these books. They're so adorable! Anyways, this was a great addition to the series and I thought it was a definite page turner. And the ending was just a heart warmer! I really liked Leila and would love to see more of her. I just thought that was so cute. Jayce's reaction when she said she hacked into the Enforcers forum...Priceless!

I can't wait to read the next book, which I see is Erin and Noah's story! Those two crack me up :) Thanks so much to Netgalley and Courtney for sending me a eARC of Mating Instinct. It was a great surprise and I truly appreciate it :) All thoughts are my honest opinion!


2 comments:

  1. Jayce and Kat sound fun to read about, esp rebuilding the relationship.
    Glad you enjoyed, and I need to check out the Moon Shifters series soon.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously need to start her series! They sound so good and the characters and romance are just the cherry on top! And I LOVE books like this, so I definitely can't wait to start them, hopefully soon! Glad you enjoyed this! Great review! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete