Pages


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (24): The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White



Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper

The Chaos of Stars
by Kiersten White
Releases |September 10th 2013 by HarperTeen|
Add to Goodreads

Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.
Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.
Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.

Why I'm Wishing...
This sounds pretty amazing and I've read one other book by the author and enjoyed it. I'm excited to see what this book is all about and how it turns out!

16 comments:

  1. The Chaos of Stars has such a beautiful cover too. It's going to help attract people. I've known about this for a year and was interested when White said ti was based on Egyptian mythology. I can't wait to finally read it.

    Here's our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover! So beautiful and simple. Kristen White and Egyptian mythology is a must read for me! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing cover! I have to check this one out!

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this book! Definitely one I need to keep an eye out for when it comes out in September.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. Not nice how her family does not even notice her. Will have to check it out.

    Hope you get it soon
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Egyptian mythology. Hope you get it!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this sounds interesting. I love Egyptian mythology and history so definitely will check this one out! :) Good choice, hope you get it soon and enjoy it!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/wishlist-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sound interesting.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daughter of Egyptian gods? Sounds interesting! Hope you get it soon!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a pretty cover! :) I haven't seen this book before but it sounds so good. Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm. Very few people take on the Egyptian gods, so that alone is a great hook. Nice pick!

    My WW: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/02/wishlist-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm a new follower and can I just say, this book sounds REALLY good. I love ancient Egypt and Egyptian Gods. I even have a tattoo of the Egyptian symbol of life (the ankh). The cover is beautiful! Can't wait to see if you get a chance to read it and review it.


    Christine @ Life of a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another Kiersten White book? Oh my, this is what I call an amibitious writer! I've read Mind Games, though while I did like the idea, I didn't enjoy the book as a whole very much. Have you read Paranormalcy and did you like it? Because that one's still sitting on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've also read one book with this author and it was fantastic!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this sounds really good, definitely different than what I'm used to and oh my I love the cover for it!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete