Pages


Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Curse
(The Tiger Saga, #1)
by Colleen Houck
Released |January 11th 2011 by Sterling|
Edition |Audiobook|

Source |Library|
Add to Goodreads

Passion. Fate. Loyalty.
Would you risk it all to change your destiny?
The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that’s exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.
Tiger’s Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more.
I thought Tiger's Curse was a pretty interesting book. I really loved the whole concept of the story line and history of the people, India, and the curse. But there was some good and some bad things about the story that I liked and didn't like. Instead of reading the book, I listened to the audio book from the library.



I started this book a year or two ago and stopped halfway through because I was told there would be a love triangle. I stopped mid sentence  put the book down and never pick the book back up, until now. I decided I would give this series another try :)

Like I said before I enjoyed the concept and the history of this story. The whole idea of 'the curse' took a different take on shifter stories :) The characters were okay. I really enjoyed Ren and his whole being. He was really sweet and really enjoyed his attitude. Kishan was okay also. I didn't like him as much as Ren, but I did enjoy his character. Now Kelsey, on the other hand, was okay until towards the end. In the beginning I really liked her, but then towards the end her character changed. How do you all of a sudden go from being in love with Ren to now you're pushing him away like an idiot. That annoyed me a lot. It seriously happened so suddenly I was confused at what was going on. I don't know if I like her a lot.

I also didn't like how the author describes things. She does it in so much detail I got bored through out the story a lot of the time. One thing would be describe in so much detailed that it became unnecessary. Other than that, the story as okay. I will probably continue on with the next in the series. I'm anxious to find out more about the gifts that need to be found.



3 comments:

  1. I have read the first two books in this series. I agree with you on the descriptions. They were interesting but way too drawn out. I think it was cool how Indian history and language were incorporated into the book. It was educational & fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the cover, but didn't think it was for me. Glad you somewhat enjoyed despite the issues.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh.. this was one of the books that I always wanted to read! I actually have NO problem whatsoever with love triangles, so i still wanna give this one a try! Great review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete