Pages


Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fever by Lauren DeStefano

Fever
(The Chemical Garden, #2)
by Lauren DeStefano
Released |February 21st 2012 by Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing|
Edition |Hardback, 341 pages|

Source |Library|
Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.
Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.
The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.
In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.


This sequel was absolutely amazing :) At first I didn't know how I would feel about it, but low and behold I think it might have just topped Wither!

This story continues exactly where Wither left off, which is always a plus with sequels :) I think I have chosen who my guy is. I must say, I am team Linden. lol I know the grossness with the back and fourth crap with the girls, but I don't see a major connection between her and Gabriel. I know she likes him and all, but I just don't know. That one moment when she called out Linden's name when she was falling asleep, I had a fit. I thought it was cute :)

Now people don't get me wrong, I do adore Gabriel! I think he is the sweetest thing. He's one of the nice guys. In this book, it was a little bit more darker than Wither. Wither was dark all on its own, but Fever had different elements and different emotions going through it. Rhine realized that once she escaped that things weren't going to be as easy as she thought they were. Turns out things were harder. I believed she grew as a character in this book. She learned a lot more and had to face uncertain reality with trials and tribulations. 

I loved this book! The action was amazing and it was, of course, feel with suspense. It also had some romance :) That Vaughn is something else. He irks the nerves so bad! And Linden =O what will happen now that he knows....What will he do? What is he thinking?! And Rowen, OMG, that ending! The AGONY of not know!

I definitely recommend this series for mature teens :)


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! I think I'll have to reread this series before I read Sever, because I couldn't remember a lot of what you pointed out in your review, lol.

    ReplyDelete