Pages


Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

The Rise of Nine
(Lorien Legacies, #3)
by Pittacus Lore

Released |August 21st 2012 by HarperCollins|
Edition |E-ARC|
Source |Edelweiss and HarperCollins|

Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others--including John.But so are they.They caught Number One in Malaysia.Number Two in England.And Number Three in Kenya.They caught me in New York--but I escaped.I am Number Six. They want to finish what they started.But they'll have to fight us first.

Really?! What the heck? I could have sworn this was the last book in the series lol :D But, there's another one I know for a fact. How could it end like THAT? Now, of course, I have to wait a whole year for the next one to find out what happens nexts. 4.5 ratings! I love love LOVE this series :) 

This is one of the best alien books out there yet! This series is full of action and suspense and this book did not disappoint at all. These lovely numbered aliens are back with a vengeance! I love how this book was split up, Four and Nine together and then there was Six, Seven, eight...And Ten? I loved it :D

I still love John/Four, but sometimes those emotions of his run wild. Four and Nine together were hilarious to see! They constantly fought and argued and I swear, for some reason I thought it was adorable. Nine is 'active' and unpredictable. I don't know any other words to describe him. lol I also loved meeting Ten and Eight. They have become amazing additions too this story and Six is as tough as ever. 

I really enjoyed this installment in this series. It was FILLED with action and you really see the characters trying to piece together the puzzle that needs to be complete, all the while, trying to fight for their lives. There were some shocking revelations that involved with the government and the mods. I did not expect that at all and left my mouth touching the ground!

And the ending was just....Serious?! I.AM.NOT.HAPPY =| Why would you do that to me? Ending a book where you did Pittacus Lore. That just hurt my feelings. I was tried to keep turning the page several times, before I realized that was the end of the book. And, will they catch up to Five? I guess we will just have to see in the next installment. *sigh* Oh, and Sarah redeemed herself to me :)

Amazing book and awesome series! I highly recommend this series :) It is action packed, with romance and suspense, and everything just wrapped up in one :D lol Did I mention that I highly recommmend this series?! =P Thanks to Edelweiss and HarperCollins for an E-ARC of The Rise of Nine. All thoughts are my HONEST opinion :) 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review!! I love action-packed books too, but I haven't read this series. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete