Pages


Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Legacy
(The Goddess Test, #2.5)
by Aimee Carter
Released |July 31st 2012 by Harlequin Teen|
Edition |E-ARC|
Source |Netgalley|
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aime e Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.
Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness....Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal....Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another....James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before....Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope....Five original novellas of love, loss and longing and the will to survive throughout the ages.


I loved this collection of short stories that Aimee Carter has put together. If you have read this series, this is a must read because it explains so much and it starts from the beginning! I really liked it. Ratings, 4.5 stars!

The thing that I liked most about this book of short stories is that it explains everything from the beginning. To Calliope, to Ava, to Henry and Persephone, and to when Kate comes into play. It was truly amazing to see how everything came together! 

I still don't like Calliope lol But in this book you find yourself feeling sorry for her. Her emotions and how she was treated in the beginning was so horrible. What she should have done was beat the crap out of Zeus/Walter. Seriously, he's a jerk times 10! But, oh how she was always delusional about Henry. I really enjoyed her story though. It explained why she turned out to be the way she was and it was awful to see. No one should be treated like that.

On to Persephone...I don't like her! She annoyed the crap out of me. I liked her story and I still love my Henry, but wtf? Persephone sucks major! She was so selfish in my eyes. Yeah, I understand you had an arranged marriage and you had no choice and blah blah, but the way she treated Henry was selfish through and through. She never gave him a chance and never wanted to. She already had it made up in her mind that she didn't like him. I'm through talking about her! lol I dropped this book a half star just because of my hatred for Persephone. Sorry!

Oh, I liked Ava's story too. But that girl is crazy! Especially the part with Persephone and Adonis. But, I still like Ava, somewhat? But now I just had a flashback to the end of book 2, so.....Scratch that. And I adored James story and really felt bad for him, but I swear I have heard that story before. Mind boggled over hear, because I just can't put my finger on it. 

I also loved the fact that in this book you see the beginning of the horrible things that happened to the girls that were chosen for Henry. To the very first killing and to when Kate came into play. I really liked that :) Kate!

Overall, it was amazing! If you like this series I really recommend you read this :) And if you have not started this series, then I highly suggest you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment