Pages


Friday, July 12, 2013

Double Review: Canyon by Brenda Jackson and Zane by Brenda Jackson

Canyon
(Westmoreland, #26)
by Brenda Jackson
Released |August 6th 2013 by Harlequin|
Edition |eARC, 192 pages|
Source |Netgalley|

Add to Goodreads
Years ago, Canyon Westmoreland let misunderstandings come between him and Keisha Ashford. But when Keisha returns to town with a two-year-old son, it's time to settle things once and for all. A blazing attraction still burns between them, and this time around, nothing will stop Canyon from claiming what is his; his woman and his child!
Canyon was a pretty interesting romance to read. I flew through the book in one sitting and enjoyed the story. Canyon and Keisha new each other from their past, but broke up because Keisha thought Canyon had been unfaithful to her with her best friend, and moved away. But that wasn't the case! The best friend lied, but Keisha chose to believe the lie. But little did Canyon know, while Keisha was away, she gave birth to their son. A few years pass and she moves back to her hometown and her and Canyon run into each other and he finds out he has a son. I thought it was really messed up for the lady to not let Canyon know that he fathered a child. He missed out on two years of his child's life because she chose to believe a lie. That does not justify keeping a man from their child, in my eyes, just because things went bad in the relationship. But, things would have never went bad had she not chose to believe a lie in the first place. But, now Keisha is being stalked by someone and is forced to live with Canyon while the police try to figure out who the person is. Can you say karma?

I thought the mystery aspect of the book was fun and the romance was to, but I felt as things were a it average. Things weren't bad, but they weren't amazing either. I've read the majority of these Westmoreland books and find them enjoyable reads. Things played out a little too quickly for me and there wasn't that much of build up to the reveal of who the stalker was. The book focused more on the romance aspect of the book. I didn't really have that many issues with the character, but I didn't really connect with them as much as I have others in this Westmoreland series. But overall, I did enjoy the story.
-I received a review copy from Netgalley. All thoughts are my honest opinion!



Zane
(Westmoreland, #25)
by Brenda Jackson
Released |July 1st 2013 by Harlequin|
Edition |ebook|
Add to Goodreads
No woman walks away from Zane Westmoreland. But when Channing Hastings does just that, it leaves the rancher reeling—and then she returns to town, engaged! Zane will do whatever it takes to show her that there is no man for her but him.
Since I read Canyon before I read Zane, I had a feel of who Zane was. But throughout this book I was completely entertained. Zane fought falling in love with with Channing tooth and nail. I mean, he was determined to NEVER fall in love. After the months they spent together, Channing finally got fed up and left him, but now that she's back in town for a few weeks the two ran back into each other. Once again, he broke her hurt by telling her he never loved her and would never love another woman. So you know what she did? She left again lol

After the second time Channing left, Zane FINALLY realizes that he's loved her all along and can't live without, but she's was already gone. He finds her and puts a plan in motion to show her all the love he has for her. I really liked how Channing didn't fall back into his hands so easily the third time. She made him work for it. I didn't feel bad for Zane at all because he broke her heart so many times! But Zane redeem himself, in my eyes, with the way he went about showing his love :) I realized he messed up. Overall, I think the story was good, but entertaining to keep me intrigued in their story.

8 comments:

  1. Wait this is 26th book in a series! I'll never again complain about YA series! This is not my genre and I'll hardly ever read something like this but I'm glad you enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Anita Blake series is almost to this. But its an adult PNR or Urb Fantasy lol

      Delete
  2. The romance sounds great, but that is one long series!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I now. The author keeps finding 'Family Members'

      Delete
  3. Ahhh...you always read the most fun and interesting books! I really enjoy contemporaries like these and I think i just might check these out. Although, the series is REALLY long. lol ;p Do the books have to be read in order?

    Glad you enjoyed these, Janina! Awesome reviews!

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In away they may, but not really. Each book is a standalone and follows the story of a different family member :) I started the series a LONG time ago. I've read a lot of them, but I've also skipped a lot of them.

      Delete
    2. You don't have to read them in order lol Each book follows a different family member. I pick out the ones that sound the most interesting to me. I've been reading these since I was in like 9th grade. So I've read a lot of them but also skipped a lot of them.

      Delete
  4. Huh, right now, I'm kind of tired of this type of romance, but only because I've been reading about 5 a week for a while. As soon as I take a small break and get the desire to read one again, I'll definitely consider these too. Why not? especially since they can work as standalones.

    ReplyDelete