Pages


Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep

Dark Frost
(Mythos Academy, #3)
by Jennifer Estep
Released |May 29th 2012 by Kensington|
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

I’ve seen so many freaky things since I started attending Mythos Academy last fall. I know I’m supposed to be a fearless warrior, but most of the time, I feel like I’m just waiting for the next Bad, Bad Thing to happen. Like someone trying to kill me—again.
Everyone at Mythos Academy knows me as Gwen Frost, the Gypsy girl who uses her psychometry magic to find lost objects—and who just may be dating Logan Quinn, the hottest guy in school. But I’m also the girl the Reapers of Chaos want dead in the worst way. The Reapers are the baddest of the bad, the people who murdered my mom. So why do they have it in for me?
It turns out my mom hid a powerful artifact called the Helheim Dagger before she died. Now, the Reapers will do anything to get it back. They think I know where the dagger is hidden, but this is one thing I can’t use my magic to find. All I do know is that the Reapers are coming for me—and I’m in for the fight of my life.


This has definitely become a favorite series. I love when I find new books by author that I have never read before and loved! This series is amazing to me and I love it, probably because it has some awesome things that I love about a book all wrapped up in one. Gods/Goddess, warriors, romance, action, and suspense! :) What gets more better than that?!


This installment picks up right after the winter break and so many different thing went on in this book :) We learn so much about characters we love and some we didn't. And let me just say, YAY! Finally Logan, FINALLY! It took until the end of the book for those two to get it to freaking together. I'm like, come on already, and kiss her! It was agony, seeing those two fight the attraction for each other.

A lot of characters in this book were going battling a lot of inner demons, not just the reapers. You felt so much for each character's pain and that's what made this book  so amazing! And Nott, omg, I was like NOOooooO! But Nyx is just too adorable :D

The ending was, whoa! I can't wait Crimson Frost to see where it takes us. Like I said before, this has become a favorite and I would definitely recommend it for those who love books that include the things that I listed above :) A great addition to the series! It just keeps getting better and better!



5 comments:

  1. OMG you had to wait for him to kiss her? GAH that must have been frustratingg! This series sounds awesome! I love how the installment picks up asap! Great review!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a lot of complications with their relationship! They're both resisting and it's so frustrating :) lol

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to start this series. I have heard amazing thing about it, so I am definitely excited! The plot and the characters and romance all sound fantastic. Can't wait! Glad you enjoyed this! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete