Pages


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Touch of Frost
(Mythos Academy, #1)
by Jennifer Estep
Released |August 1st 2011 by K-Teen|
Edition |Ebook|
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy; a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest. But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why; especially since I should have been the one who did...
I have been wanting to read Touch of Frost every since it first released! I've had the first two books in this series for a while now, but never got the chance to read it! Now I finally have and I am so glad I did :) I loved this book and could not put it down! I read this book in a day and can't wait to start Kiss of Frost, ASAP!

I really enjoyed this book because it was fast paced and had tons of action AND dealt with mythology (which is always plus, considering how much I love it). I was also glad that this book wasn't centered around romance. I mean it had it, but it wasn't in the forefront. And the world that Jennifer created (the Mythos Academy) is so vivid that you can picture exactly how it looks and the characters, which is amazing all in it's own.

The characters were great. Gwen was a laid back and chill kind of character, sort of. I mean, she had her Nancy Drew going on and all, but overall, her personality is chill which I liked. She wasn't the 'in your face' kind of girl. I really grew to like her character throughout the book and you really feel for and some of the things she's seen. And also Daphne, I thought I was going to hate her, but turns out, I really liked her too :) She was the type of girl you would judge before you actually go to know her, which is a bad thing. And Logan....I wanted to smack him! Ugh, how could he?! I want to know how things are going to develop between him and Gwen since he was a total freaking jerk to her.

But anyways, like I said before, this book had tons of action. Especially toward the end when everything gets revealed...AWESOME :D I didn't expect that at all. I can't wait to read the next installment and am so glad I already have a copy. Awesome book and I definitely recommend it :) Especially to those who like mythology!


No comments:

Post a Comment