Pages


Sunday, September 9, 2012

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

Some Girls Bite
(Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
by Chloe Neill
Released |April 7th 2009 by NAL Trade| 
Edition |Ebook|
Add to Goodreads

First in a brand new series about a Chicago graduate student's introduction into a society of vampires.
Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn't exactly glamorous, but it was Merit's. She was doing fine until a rogue vampire attacked her. But he only got a sip before he was scared away by another bloodsucker-and this one decided the best way to save her life was to make her the walking undead.
Turns out her savior was the master vampire of Cadogan House. Now she's traded sweating over her thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan "Lord o' the Manor" Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed, four-hundred- year-old vampire, he has centuries' worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects her gratitude- and servitude. But an inconvenient sunlight allergy and Ethan's attitude are the least of her concerns. Someone's still out to get her. Her initiation into Chicago's nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war-and there will be blood.


I am so happy that I finally got the chance to buy this book. I've been wanting to read it for a while now and I've heard some amazing things about this series. With that being said, I really enjoyed the story. It was action packed, wasn't focused mainly on the romance, awesome characters and etc. :) I was entertained throughout the entire book!

I guess I shall start off with Merit. Merit was your average girl, not too average though. Her family was well-known but she wanted know part of the lifestyle, but then everything changes once she was bitten. I actually really liked Merit. She had attitude and didn't let anyone boss her around if she wasn't feeling the situation. Throughout the entire book, Merit kept me entertained. In some aspects, she would be considered a 'sweetheart', but the girl could flip from the nice friend to girl with attitude in seconds, especially when she's passionate about something. And I also liked Merit's friends, Mallory, Catcher, and Jeff. Those three had me laughing so hard throughout the book also. They were some awesome side characters to get to know.

Now when it came to the hot Vampire Master, Eric, I don't know how I feel about him. There is definite attraction and chemistry between him and Merit. I can't wait to read the next book in the series to see what progresses, or if anything, between the two. I have recently started reading more vampire books, even though I've gotten really tired of the genre. I swear until recently, the past month or so, I hadn't read a pure 'vampire' book in about a year or so.

But this one really kept me entertained and I can't wait to read book 2 :) Overall, awesome book! And I do recommend to those vamp lovers out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment