Pages


Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday (41): Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
Hosted by: Pen to Paper

Perfect Ruin
(The Internment Chronicles, #1)
by Lauren DeStefano
Releases |October 1st 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers|
Add to Goodreads
On Internment, the floating island in the clouds where 16-year-old Morgan Stockhour lives, getting too close to the edge can lead to madness. Even though Morgan's older brother, Lex, was a Jumper, Morgan vows never to end up like him. She tries her best not to mind that her life is orderly and boring, and if she ever wonders about the ground, and why it is forbidden, she takes solace in best friend Pen and her betrothed, Basil.
Then a murder, the first in a generation, rocks the city. With whispers swirling and fear on the wind, Morgan can no longer stop herself from investigating, especially when she meets Judas. He is the boy being blamed for the murder — betrothed to the victim — but Morgan is convinced of his innocence. Secrets lay at the heart of Internment, but nothing can prepare Morgan for what she will find — or who she will lose.

Why I'm Wishing...
I love Lauren DeStefano's chemical garden series and I'm really curious about this new book of hers. A new story with new characters will be really interesting to see where the author takes us next!

21 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting. I may add this to my TBR list.

    Tsuki @ Tsuki's Books

    Tsuki’s WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Chemical Gardens too. Thanks for the rec, I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR.

    Thanks for stopping by My Wow

    arlene
    winterhaven books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting, and the cover is just beautiful. I've never heard of Lauren Destefano before, but I'm definitely going to look her books up!

    Sarah
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read her Chemical Garden series, but maybe this is a good one to start with. Perfect Ruin sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good! I'm still yet to finish the Chemical Garden trilogy, cant wait to get back into the series :) Her writing style is so beautiful, you'll have to keep us updated when you get your hands on it once its released.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read the Chemical Gaden books. They sound good and I heard a lot of great things. That one doesn't appeal to me that much, but I hope you'll like it! =) Thanks for stepping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know the cover had been released!! So pretty. Can't wait to start this series as well. Great pick.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen this book around a lot lately. Looks good! I hope you get it soon and enjoy it!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds epic, I really want to read this! Great WoW pick!!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been seeing this book around.. It looks interesting. I hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one looks interesting, Janina. I wasn't a huge fan of the Chemical Garden series (in fact, I never finished it), but this might be worth a shot. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lauren destefano's new series!! i really, really like the sound of it. great pick :)

    check out my WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book has a very pretty cover. Hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked WITHER but not enough to continue with the series...this book sounds great, though!

    Fabulous WOW choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds really interesting. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/wishlist-wednesday-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed the Chemical Garden series as well. This new one sounds so interesting. A book about people living on Internment, the floating island in the clouds! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick! I love that cover & have heard good things about DeStephani's books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty cover. I've seen this book only few days ago for the first time and it sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love her writing style! Although I didn't love the sequels, I adored Wither. This definitely sounds like another must read.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed DeStefano's Chemical Garden so I'm excited for more of her work-interested to see how it has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh gosh there's so many books that I still have to read and this one is one of them. I love Lauren's Wither trilogy!

    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete