Pages


Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

The Forever Song
(Blood of Eden, #3) 
by Julie Kagawa 
Released |April 15th 2014 by Harlequin Teen|
Edition |eARC|
Source |Netgalley|

Add to Goodreads
VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS
Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster?
With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.
MONSTER
Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.
In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.
Might contain minor spoilers if you haven't read The Eternity Cure

Once again, I am sad to see another trilogy end. I've finished four series so far this year and it's so hard to see them go. The Forever Song left me with a bitter sweet feeling. It was sad, but wrapped up very nicely. I can definitely say that it left a satisfying feeling that is hard to get when a series ends, but I felt this one did the trilogy justice. The author's writing always finds a way to draw me into the story from the very beginning and keeps me there until the final page.  This was a quick read for me because I was desperate to know how things would end and turn out for the characters. I am so sad to see this trilogy go, but I'm glad that I enjoyed each book that belongs to it.


Allison, of course, is the main character and we've come a long way with her. In the beginning of this book I was extremely concerned for her. her behavior and attitude were off the charts and it was driving me insane. But slowly she starts to gain her focus and that made me happy again. Zeke was the same way. Between the two of them I was about to go insane. The drama, the pity, and the guilt those two were throwing off started killing me softly and I have to admit it began to annoy me after awhile. I became frustrated, but slowly things started to get better so I was good there. Jackal and Kanin have always interested me. Kanin was a mystery and I grew to love his character whenever we got glimpses of him. I don't know why, but I've just always found him intriguing. Ever since I read the Eternity Cure, Jackal grew on me more and more. I find that his humor brings a lightness to the story and it's very much appreciated because of all the darkness and pain that is going on around them. By the time I got to the last page I absolutely loved him! Each character had great development and I was so happy to see it.

One thing I have to say is that the romance in this trilogy has not been a favorite of mine. I like Allison and Zeke together, but the romance has never been the forefront of my interest. That's not a bad thing though because I do think the two are good for each other. I also think I like vampire Zeke better because human Zeke always seemed too soft for me. The ending was heartbreaking for me. It left me extremely sad, but yet the overall ending left me satisfied. Overall, this was a great trilogy that I really enjoyed. There wasn't one book in it that I didn't like. I'd definitely recommend it! This is a must read for those who have started the trilogy :)

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read The Eternity Cure. Loved TIR :) I'm so surprised by everyone saying how they love Jackal. To me he's an ass. I have no idea how could I ever grow to love him lol. As for Allison, she's so kick-a and I can't wait to spend more time with her. I'm so happy that you enjoyed this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the Eternity Cure. It was pretty good!

      Delete
    2. And Jackal, I swear girl, he's awesome! lol

      Delete
  2. Now that you mention it, the romance hasn't been the strongest in 2nd or in this one. It did wrap everything up well though, I agree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. In the first book I was okay with the romance, but as the trilogy continue I kind of disregarded it.

      Delete
  3. I'm not reading the review because I STILL haven't picked up this series! I thought her Iron Fey series was okay, but I love the take on Blood of Eden series. The covers are great and vampires! Glad you enjoyed it Janina!

    Happy Reading!
    Patrick @ The Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you found this an overall good finale, Janine! 4 stars is always a good thing, flaws and all :D I'm not sure if I liked Vampire Zeke over Human Zeke, though... Human Zeke was very carebear, that I agree, but Vampire Zeke was so angsty and kept repeating the same argument over and over ("I'm a demon!") that it was equally annoying too. Rawr! :P In any case, great review, love!

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you enjoyed the ending of this series. I agree with you as this was a really good conclusion to this series but also romance never felt strong to me either. Yes it was sweet, especially in the second book but never full. Great review, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it May yet, so Jealous that other people have read this already, I am really looking forward to this one

    88dreamers @ Seriesly Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard many different opinions on this one, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's nice to know that it was wrapped nicely! Too bad for the romance though :( Great review!
    Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jackal totally grew on me as well. I have to say he is my favorite character now. I havent yet read this one but Im hoping they will have it at BEA?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same feeling. I'm very happy with the conclusion of the series, but it's sad to say goodbye to the characters!

    ReplyDelete