Pages


Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (16): Talon


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Talon
(Talon, #1)
by Julie Kagawa
Releases |October 28th 2014 by Harlequin Teen|
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.
Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.
Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.

Why I'm Waiting...
I love Julie Kagawa's writing and have enjoyed both the Iron Fey and the Blood of Eden series so I'll give anything she writes a try. And this is about Dragons so I'm excited about that. 

14 comments:

  1. I LOVED both her series too! Very excited about this one and hey dragons! The cover is so gorgeous!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! A new series! Thanks for bringing this book to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this. Dragons are my favourite! and Julia Kagawa is another favourite! What could go wrong!

    My Waiting on Wednesday
    88dreamers

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Been dying to read this one for ages it seems!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Dragons. I love dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds good and hope you get to read soon! But I don't know how I feel about the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED this one. I'll probably frantically be checking NG just to get it. I hope you'll get it. Great pick, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit i've never read anything by Julie Kagawa but everyone always has amazing things to say about her and her stories and her writing so i know i need to jump on the bandwagon!
    Great choice for this week—mostly because of the awesome dragons!
    Lily @ Lilysbookblog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of creepy cover in a way. haha A friend of mine loves dragons; I think she'd really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORE Julie Kagawa and I need more dragons in my life after reading Seraphina! Super stoked for this one--awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YESSS I am really looking forward to this book, Julie Kagawa is an awesome writer and I've enjoyed everything that she's written so far.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Julie Kagawa!! Even though I'm kind of behind of a few of her series, I am dying for this one too :) Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I want this one to. It sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome pick, I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete