Pages


Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Hunt by Stacey Kade

The Hunt
(Project Paper Doll, #2)
by Stacey Kade
Released |April 22nd 2014 by Disney-Hyperion|
Edition |eARC|
Source |Netgalley|

Add to Goodreads
Ariane Tucker has finally escaped GTX, the research facility that created her. While on the run, Zane Bradshaw is the only person she can trust. He knows who-and what-she is and still wants to be part of her life.
But accepting Zane's help means putting him in danger.
Dr. Jacobs, head of GTX, is not the only one hunting for Ariane. Two rival corporations have their sights set on taking down their competition. Permanently. To protect Zane and herself, Ariane needs allies. She needs the other hybrids. The hybrids who are way more alien and a lot less human. Can Ariane win them over before they turn on her? Or will she be forced to choose sides, to decide who lives and who dies?
The Hunt was a pretty good sequel to The Rules. I enjoyed it about as much as I did the first book. I believe the Hunt it brought a lot more action to the table than the Rules did and I those action packed parts were really fun to read. The pacing in this book was more fast paced since the background and explaining of things were done in book one and the action also helped speed things along. There was some back referencing done to help jog the memory and I really appreciated that because there were a couple of things that I had forgotten about. This book has definitely made me want to continue on with the next book to see where things will lead to next.


With this story with get the povs of both Ariane and Zane and actually really liked that because Ariane can be a bit of a pain sometimes. I liked being inside both of their heads because they think very differently. I do like her Ariane's character, but she tends to doubt and over analyze things a little too much for my liking. In this book, you really see how lonely she feels and how she wants to connect with others, more specifically to others that are more like her. We got to meet a few new characters in this book and they were pretty interesting. Zane, I really liked. He's the only person who treats Ariane as if she's a person that has feelings. The relationship between the two have definitely grown and developed in this book, but they did have their fair share of arguments that became repetitive. I like them both, but I think I like Zane more then Ariane because Ariane can sometimes grate on my nerves.

Overall, the sequel was good and I found that I enjoyed it. I loved the action and the romance and the characters continue to grow on me in each book. Also, many things started to fall into place in this installment and I really want to know what's going to happen next.

13 comments:

  1. Woot, glad to hear it is a fast paced and enjoyable follow up. I liked the first, but don't remember much about it besides I wanted to continue and liked the premise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read this one and like it. Like you, I forgot somethings, but once I started the book my memory started coming back a bit.

      Delete
  2. I remember actually skipping the first book because i wasn't into the premise all that much but i do like how this one managed to liv eup to the first one for you and was fast paced! I'm debating whether or not i should now get into this series. Oh and the cover is totally creepy LOL!
    Lily @ Lilysbookblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you check out the first book, I hope you end up enjoying it :)

      Delete
  3. I don't remember much about the first book of this series. I remember reading it for a few pages, but DNFing it soon after. Haha. I'm glad the second instalment picks up :) I should come back to it again and plow through it.

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go back to it I hope you end up enjoying it :) It took me awhile to actually get into the first one.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad for more action. Also, I'm glad when there's some memory refreshing scenes and references, but it doesn't have to be a full on info dump on what happened in the previous book. I'm glad that Kade helped you jog the memory a little :) I'm glad you like Arine as a whole even if she tends to annoy you a little. Looks like this was a great installment overall. Great review, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the first book much more. I'm just not big on those "on the run" plots and kept waiting for something big to happen. I thought there would be some big showdown between Ariane and those multiple villains, shall we say, but not so much.
    The ending was kind of shocking, but still not sure about how I feel about it. I put my predictions under spoiler protection in GR...
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I hope the third will be good, but you never know sometimes!

      Delete
  6. I have seen some amazing reviews for the first book and I am glad you enjoyed the sequel too. Ariane doesn't sound like someone I'd like either but still the whole idea sounds great. Great review, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you loved the 2nd book in this series Janina. I haven't read the first yet but I think some people enjoyed it. Lovely review!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete