Pages


Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (26): Captive


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Captive
(Blackcoat Rellion, #2)
by Aimee Carter
Releases |November 25th 2014 by Harlequin Teen|
For the past two months, Kitty Doe's life has been a lie. Forced to impersonate the Prime Minister's niece, her frustration grows as her trust in her fake fiancé cracks, her real boyfriend is forbidden and the Blackcoats keep her in the dark more than ever.
But in the midst of discovering that her role in the Hart family may not be as coincidental as she thought, she's accused of treason and is forced to face her greatest fear: Elsewhere. A prison where no one can escape.
As one shocking revelation leads to the next, Kitty learns the hard way that she can trust no one, not even the people she thought were on her side. With her back against the wall, Kitty wants to believe she'll do whatever it takes to support the rebellion she believes in—but is she prepared to pay the ultimate price?
Why I'm Waiting...
I'm still torn on whether or not I want to read this one. I didn't enjoy the first book all that much to be honest, but it still left me a little bit curious. I've been going back and forth and I still don't know. Sometimes sequels can be better, but then again...

Other Books in the Series

15 comments:

  1. I read Pawn as an audiobook and DNF-d it. It's just. GAHH. The MC was annoying for me and the new family was all kinds of weird. Maybe I'll try again someday. Sorry the first book wasn't enjoyable for you either, but I hope that this suffers from the good kind of second book syndrome and will actually make you fall in love with the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. Sometimes sequels can be better than its predecessor, but most of the time it'll suffer from middle book syndrome. I've yet to read Pawn but I'd say try the second book out, maybe it'd surprise you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to this series, it's a shame that number one wasn't the best, but I think it best to give in to those curiosities and test this book out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! Soooo cannot wait to read this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! :D Can't wait for this one either, I loved Pawn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the first but looks good and hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started reading this series. It's not something I normally read, but I hope you enjoy this one better than the first/
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the first book, but I'm still debating whether or not it's a series worth reading. But that ending was interesting...so I am a bit curious to see what happens!

    Nice choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do often hear that the second is better than the first sometimes...I haven't read this series though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds interesting. I think you should give the second book a try... You never know, it could be really good :)

    ~K.J. Bryen, plungingintothenovel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't read the first book in this series but this second one sounds so good. I really hope you'll get to read it soon. Great pick, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh i absolutely LOVED Pawn so i'm also dying to get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read Pawn yet, but I have enjoyed other books by Amiee Carter. Though i'm not usually one to force myself to read second books if I didn't like the first one, there are still certain books that make you feel as if you HAVE to read them with the hopes that the second would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel exactly the same way you do about this sequel. Personally I didn't enjoy it enough to want to read the second one but I did devour it in 4 hours so I just don't know. I'll likely skip it though because there are so many others that I seriously DO want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel the same way about this series! I'm thinking about giving it another shot just because I loved the author's Goddess series so much.

    ReplyDelete