Pages


Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (29): Cipher


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Cipher
(The Shadow Ravens, #1)
by Aileen Erin
Releases |October 14th 2014 by Ink Monster, LLC|
In the not-too-distant future, the color of your helix tattoo shows exactly how your DNA was modified—green for super-smart scientists, black for pumped-up warriors, white for the immortal Seligo—but Cipher’s red helix is a death sentence. It’s a sign of unstable DNA, which is probably the reason she can manipulate electricity.
When she was eight years old, Cipher made the mistake of showing her uncle the tattoo. In return, he killed her parents and tried to kidnap her.
She’s been on the run ever since, and twelve long years later, Cipher is tired of hiding. Survival isn’t enough anymore. She wants her life back.
Hacking into the Citadel mainframe is a huge risk, but it pays off when she finds a database on red helixes. Before she can copy it, she loses control of her power, charring her last processor, and the only person in the Arizona Voids that can get her back online is her oldest friend, Knightly. She hasn’t seen him in person since she started running, and Knightly 2.0 is fully upgraded with a six-pack and knee-melting smile.
For a girl like Cipher, trust doesn’t come easily, but Knightly makes her yearn for a life she knows she can’t have, especially when every secret she reveals endangers them both.
Why I'm Waiting...
This one sounds pretty interesting and I've only recently stumbled across it. I'm curious to see what it is about. 

13 comments:

  1. cipher reminds me of his weird plant on that show Starcrossed. Heh, funny how she mentiones Knightly in a different way not that he has a six pack, but whateveer, the rest of the story sounds awesome. I hope you like it, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always fascinated with books that feature powers of some kind! =) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This it totally new to me! Like the girl's hair on the cover though! Too cool! Hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this, so thanks for sharing. It does seem interesting, and I really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New to me but sounds good and I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds interesting, I hope you enjoy Janina!

    Happy Reading
    Patrick @ The Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't seen this one before. It does look good. Hope you enjoy it when it comes out. thanks for visiting me earlier.


    Grace @Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This premise makes me curious too! I really like the way this version of the future seems to be created. I will have to add this one and check it out! Cool pick! My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this one, but her hair is so amazing. This one sounds great and I really hope you'll enjoy it. I cannot wait to see what you think of it. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting cover. Sounds good too! Enjoy Cipher!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of this one before but oooo, I like the cover. I hope you enjoy the book when you read it!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds very unique! My first time hearing of this one. Cool cover!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete