Pages


Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (30): Flawed


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

Flawed
(Perfection, #2)
by JL Spelbring
Releases |August 12th 2014 by Spencer Hill Press|
Add to Goodreads
In a world where Hitler won the The War, and perfection is constantly sought, Ellyssa has broken free from her austere life and has found another meaning for her existence.
Family, friendship, and love.
But her happiness is short lived. Ellyssa finds herself on the run, again. Her father's work didn't die with him, but lives on in her siblings, Aalexis and Xaver, and they are determined to complete his unfinished dream.
Why I'm Waiting...
I remember reading book one last year and I ended up enjoying it. So I'm curious to read the sequel to see what happens next. I think the concept of this book is an interesting one. 

Other Books in this Series



22 comments:

  1. I saw the first book around and it did sound intriguing. I love the simple cover with the eye with the butterfly too. Alternate versions of history are interesting. To think how horrible things would be if Hitler won the war. Would be crazy.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's why I found the story to be so interesting!

      Delete
  2. I am not familiar with this series at all but I'm definitely intrigued by the synopsis of this one. I've already added Perfection to my TBR so hopefully I can get around to reading it soon as well as Flawed when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it!

      Delete
  3. Sounds fascinating! =D Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick! Totally new to me! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first, but not sure if I want to continue, but hope that you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot about the series until I saw the cover recently.

      Delete
  6. Oh this one looks great Janina! The cover looks great :)

    Happy Reading
    Patrick @ The Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the cover as well. I think this one looks better than the first!

      Delete
  7. Wow, this definitely sounds like an interesting alternative history/world story. I might have to look into the series. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this series, but I've seen it around. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

    My WoW: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/07/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this but I'm definitely interested now! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this series before, but I hope you enjoy reading this one!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this one but I like the cover! I hope you enjoy it when you read it :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh i hadn't heard of this series before but now i'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually haven't heard of this series either but...
    an alternate universe where Hitler won?
    Now that sounds like an interesting (albeit really scary) book!

    Thanks for sharing, Janina!

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen this one around but haven't got a chance to read it yet. I really hope you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad to know you liked this. I got the ARCs for both on Netgalley, and now I am a bit stressed to get them both done in time (Aug 12). x) But I'm really looking forward to them, going to start Perfection today! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cover! Sounds like one I'd enjoy!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete