Pages


Monday, December 19, 2011

Touch Me


Title: Touch Me
Author: Callie Croix
Release Date: January 2nd 2012 by Carina Press
Edition: eBook from NetGalley

Synopsis: 
Arriving home on leave from his tour of duty, Army Captain Alex Montoya knows there's a beautiful woman waiting for him-his best friend's sister. She's always been off limits...until now. He fully intends to move them out of being "just friends" and encourage her to release the sexual needs he senses she's buried deep.

Tianna McIntyre is starting over after her marriage ended. Her ex-husband weakened her self-esteem and caused her to deny her true sexual desires. But being around Alex brings all her dormant fantasies to the surface, and now Tianna feels the stirrings of her secret, submissive wishes.

Determined to help repair the damage Tianna's ex did to her self-worth, Alex will use whatever means necessary to convince her they're meant for each other, including tying her down to make sure he has her full attention while he takes her to the heights of pleasure she's always dreamed of...

My Thoughts:
Tianna has been going through an emotional journey with the issues her ex-husband left with her after their divorce. Dealing with self-esteem issues, left her to deny her on sexual fantasies. But when Army Captain Alex Montoya comes home on leave after being injured on duty, he has his mind set on bringing out all her hidden desires and to help with her deal with issues of low self-esteem, even with the fact that Tianna's brother is Alex's best friend.

This book was amazing. I really enjoyed the connection between Tianna and Alex. You could feel the chemistry between the two from the very beginning. They had a heated sexual attraction to each other that made the book very enjoyable.

Lets talk about the characters. I really liked Tianna. She was shy and kind and to me it seems she has a quiet authority to her in her own way. Even with all her self-esteem issues, you could tell she wanted to overcome it, but with the way her husband treated her, he already planted that seed of doubt in her mind. Alex was my favorite. I loved the fact that he was Military. I have always wanted to read a couple of books that has the army in it in one form or another. Alex just had sex appeal. He knew what he wanted and had his mind set on what it was. There was no changing it. You could tell he was a Captain just by the way he responded to certain things, whether it was with his actions or with his words. He was a pleasure to read about. Tianna's ex-husband was awful. He's the controlling type, something I despise in a man. I feel his character was written out perfectly for the part.

Something was missing in this book for me, I must say. I think it was because there wasn't enough drama. I like for there to be drama in books. Not a lot, but not to little. I feel there could have been more in some places. In that aspect, it was lacking.

But all in all, I really enjoyed this book! It was a quick read and kept me turning the pages. This book is definitely for people 18 and older. If this is the kind of book you enjoy, I really think you should give this a go!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review! You've given me another book to add to my TBR list!

    - MissKimberlyStardust @ TurningThePagesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, was a easy read and entertaining, which I like!

    ReplyDelete