Pages


Thursday, August 8, 2013

Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine

Carpe Corpus
(the Morganville Vampires, #6)
by Rachel Caine
Released |June 2nd 2009 by Signet|
Edition |Audio|
Source |Library|

Add to Goodreads
In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace-until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants-the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?
This installment in the Morganville Vampire series was a wild ride. Many things happened throughout the book that made me want to continue on. Claire and the rest of her friends and the vamps of Morganville are still trying to figure out a way to get rid of Bishop. They never know who to trust! I think the wild and crazy characters are what make this series so exciting. I've come to bond with each of them in their own way because each character adds something different to the story from their personalities. I like Claire a lot. She's really brave, but I find that she can be really gullible at times. Eve and Shane's attitude is what make me like them :) Michael brings that big brother vibe to balance things out. But it's not just the main four characters. I also like Oliver, for some odd reason, and Mernin, who is usually two steps away from being psychotic! I was so excited for Claire and Shane in this book. It was a long time coming :)
This book was filled with tons of non stop action. The author does a great job with keeping you engrossed with what's going on within the story. Each book is a close continuation of the last and starts up close to where the last book left off. I was surprised this book didn't have a huge cliffhanger like the books usually do. I'm glad to see some character development in this book besides all the action. I can't wait to start the next in the series.

7 comments:

  1. Another series I have heard of but haven't started it yet! It seems like a great read, full of action and I love that kind. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non stop action sounds great, and glad you are enjoying

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to re-start this series! You always have good things to say about it, and I feel like I should have stuck with it. I love the sound of the characters and the premise. Plus, the action and Claire and Shane's relationship sound like a fun addition! I can't wait to start this! Glad you enjoyed this, Janina! :D Great review!

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too a break from the series for a while and then started back up with them recently

      Delete
  4. I really need to pick up this series, but I'm not sure if it's for me or not. Great review Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I need to start this series! I hear so much about it~

    ReplyDelete