Pages


Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (5): True Colors




Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is

True Colors
by Melissa Pearl
Releases |February 16th 2014|
Caitlyn Davis always cruised through life, not being the type to ruffle feathers or involve herself in high school drama…until a chance encounter with a strange, homeless man changes everything.
Suddenly, Caitlyn has the ability to see behind people’s masks. She discovers that her life isn’t as simple as she imagined and her high school is filled with secrets…some very sinister ones.
Unable to ignore her new gift, Caitlyn embarks on a mission to learn why one of her friends now appears terrified, but masks her fear behind a bright, smiling veneer. Will Caitlyn’s new ability lead her into hot water? Or is her new found vision a blessing that will expose her friends’ true colors?
Her quest will lead Caitlyn to lose friends, stand up for those in need, and even find love.
At Palisades High School every face tells a story…

Why I'm Waiting...
I stumbled across this book recently and think it sounds like a pretty interesting one. I'd love to check it out. 

16 comments:

  1. Well this is gorgeous:) Though, I don't know how tthe title goes with the cover, because you need to unmask people to see their true colours? Oh, okay, I read the synopsis and it makes sense. This seems like something you'd enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that cover is so damn pretty <3
    I haven't heard of this one before but now I really want it! Being able to see behind people's masks and see what they're really like/really feeling? That just sounds freaking awesome!
    Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I stumbled across this one recently too, the synopsis sounds a little bit different and I absolutely love the cover, so pretty! Sadly I haven't been able to find any info about where it might be available to buy :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it sounds kinda interesting. I don't think I've heard of somthing like it before...
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover, hope you get to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover and it sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm, I really have been out too long, I haven't heard of this book but I LOVE the plot and the concept of being able to look past peoples masks *would have helped in high school* the cover super pretty. Good thing it's coming out in February I don't think I could wait XD

    -Great WoW pick Janina,
    much <3 lisseth [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting concept. I think it would be tough to see behind everyone's masks, because we all wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And just few minutes ago I've been listening by the song with this title. :D This book is new to me and I really like the idea. Hope you'll get to read it soon. Great pick Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of this one but the cover is so pretty! Great choice, Janina!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh this sounds pretty cool! I am definitely loving that gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is really pretty and sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds interesting, I didn't look too much at the cover when I first saw it because it didn't call to me, but after reading the blurb I'm a little more interested
    88dreamers @ Seriesly Reading

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover is really gorgeous, and the blurb is interesting too! Great pick, I haven't heard of it before but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds very very interesting and I have a thing for covers like that... so pretty! Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never heard about this one before but I like the cover. I am looking it up now. :)
    I hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete